Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08.05.2013, 07:43 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Another tidbit, I keep forgetting that Cubase7 was a major product overhaul of Cubase (not being a user of prior versions).

Given how recent some of these posts are, I have to assume they have not yet worked out the official Automap fixes for Cubase 7. Seems some people are successfully using it with C7, but it still seems like a relatively unexplored frontier.

http://archive-forum.novationmusic.c...?f=40&t=194865

I guess as long as everything is a known work in progress and they are indeed working toward fixes, I can certainly live with things the way they are.

To be honest, I may end up preferring Cubase Quick Controls to Automap, because it's much easier to set up assuming you don't mind being limited to 8 controls, and that's more than I would ever need during playback/realtime automation control. I don't care as much about using knobs for non-playback sound sculpting, because I use a wireless mouse that doesn't get in the way at all, and generally offers better control for my purposes. The other nice thing about Cubase QC is you have the list of what's what right there on your left pane the whole time, with Automap I need to click the view button. Yeah I know, why not just map every plug-in consistently? Sounds good but practically impossible, i.e. some plugins have cutoff for F1,F2 etc while others have a single cutoff, etc.

I may end up preferring to avoid Automap in the long term. Would love to be able to switch between faders controlling mixer versus instrument with one button on the MKII, but its no biggie if I can't.