Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 12.08.2008, 06:04 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Kids back at school today in Finland

Woo-hoo! A peaceful morning! Ahhh...

Not been a great summer here weather-wise this year. That's meant they've been inside a fair amount of the time demanding to be fed, etc. They weren't happy this morning as I waved them off with a big smile. Now for 4 hours peace and quiet..
Old 12.08.2008, 11:10 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I can tell you are not going to be devastated when they leave home. Although kids don't leave until their 40's these days. And they come back when they break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend/goth. Or when they return from a backpacker's trip to asia.

So enjoy this morning,
B
Old 13.08.2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
../ goth
Young madam here said the other day she wants to dye her hair black. Oh yes. 6 months and she's a teenager.

Btw, how's yer SG mate? Playing much? Got a refund for that Hagstrom finally and ordered a Bigsby B5 for me Tele instead of another guitar. Should be here this week.
Old 13.08.2008, 09:03 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

The sacred SG must never be touched with unclean hands, and since I've had a flu for over a week I haven't touched much else either. Perhaps a bit dull in the lower couple of frets but barre chords flow like silk. I've gotten good results including nice bright single coil sounds from a cheapie Digitech RP100 pedal. And if its sounds bad, it is now entirely my fault. This thing is beautiful. I don't think the tele will be getting new strings any time soon...

A whammy bar on a tele? Is that legal? Perhaps in permissive Norway it is Your strings don't go through the body, I think you said, so it couldn't change the sound. Hope it works out well!

Cheers from wintery Melbourne,
B
Old 13.08.2008, 09:36 AM

Hmm. Have to move to Norway then.

Yeah, it's gonna change the sound loads. It should now go DOIiiiingggg, I hope. Plus.. The B5 Tele kit comes with a whole new bridge - being the plate and a tune-o-matic style bridge which needs serious drilling work, so, yeah, it's gonna change a lot I hope. The bridge I've had on it for the last 12 years is a piece of crap but better than the original which was a real piece of crap.

Here's how it's mounted, though the guy does a poor demo of the "after" sound <<wonders why>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2MLRbIC5M

Check these out too:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~msengers/htm/gallery.htm

Big view of the one in the Utube filum:
http://www.music123.com/item/expande.../502065jpg.jpg

And get well soon, to you. Wintry here too. In bloody August..
Old 14.08.2008, 03:33 AM
Administrator

1 more week and my kids go back to shcool!

Then 1 week after that and my sorry ass is back in!

Help me please to make the most of my 7 days of freedom! Any bad ideas or thoughts of debauchery are of course welcome.

Matt, what kind of whammy bar? Are you fucking around or getting something really useful like a Floyd Rose or better? Fuck whammy bars that can only decrease the string tension. That's like only being to able to fuck with an out-stroke.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.08.2008, 06:48 AM

Your two are at school now Alex? How old are they? OMG..

Dude, it's the Bigsby B5 Telecaster model - LIKE IN THE FUCKING LINKS ABOVE. It ain't no Floyd Rose, you can't divebomb on it , but it does do up and down. And after I'VE installed it, side to side too probably..

Debauchery you're after? Drive to your relatives' place in Kansas and do a deal:
http://www.porkystruckstop.com/images/32_004.jpg
Old 14.08.2008, 07:47 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

This 'innernet' ought to be banned. Whatever your perversion there's a group as sick as you. Shame on you, sticking holes in innocent tele's!

B
Old 14.08.2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Vantaa Man View Post
Your two are at school now Alex? How old are they? OMG..

Dude, it's the Bigsby B5 Telecaster model - LIKE IN THE FUCKING LINKS ABOVE. It ain't no Floyd Rose, you can't divebomb on it , but it does do up and down. And after I'VE installed it, side to side too probably..

Debauchery you're after? Drive to your relatives' place in Kansas and do a deal:
http://www.porkystruckstop.com/images/32_004.jpg
Yep! One is going into first grade; the other into Pre-Kindergarten, but it is year-round school nonetheless, and she has been kicking ass and taking names the whole time thus far. Its nice to have them on a schedule, and even nicer to have wifey back in the workforce. We were poor for 4 years!!!

OK, I have got to admit my complete laziness in not clicking your links above to the whammy-jammy. That is a bulky unit, kind of resembling a chastity belt made for a veteran prostitute, with that nice big square hole at the base. My first guitar had an imitation Floyd Rose, my second guitar the "licensed" Floyd knock-off on the Ibanez RG 550 in the 90's, and my third (current) guitar has whatever the hell is on the Ibanez RG2550 EX, which is I think some type of Floyd Rose knock off. I love that damn thing. It's fun as hell freaking out power chords with a shitload of distortion/overdrive and a nasty, long delay. You can do all that with well enough with that big, old school model though, and I have to admit it does look nice on the Tele; whereas the Floyd would be a bit of an anachronism.

Hell yeah! I'm goin' to Uncle Zeb's truck stop in Wichita! WooooHoooo!!! Time for some Dexedrine and then a 400 mile drive carrying a few tons of cargo in an 18-wheel rig! That's a hard life, and prone to hemmhorroid development...

LivePsy, you are correct, OVM should have asked the Tele for permission to drill holes in it, or even just drill it in general.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.08.2008, 12:10 PM

Bryan, Jellycasters were MADE to be chopped and changed. Mate, next year I might even stick a pair of TV Jones Powertrons in there - which means big routing job. Hey.. You still interested in EMG's for your Telly?

Quote:
kind of resembling a chastity belt made for a veteran prostitute, with that nice big square hole at the base
WTF? LMFAO!