Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.02.2008, 01:21 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Input distorting badly and strangely on TI

Hi there, hoping someone can help with a little problem im having with the TI. Sorry if its a bit long winded, id really appreciate anyones advice, thanks for bearing with me.

Went to do some music today and my motu ultralite's not turning on (hopefully just a fuse or something), at any rate im trying to now create the following setup using my TI as a soundcard.

1x midi keyboard
1x Virus TI
1x Moog Voyager
1x Macbook Pro

Midi:
I have the midi keyboard going in to the TI's midi in, a midi cable going from the TI's midi out in to the Voyagers midi in, the in and out on the TI is controlled via usb...all seems to be working in this deparment, i can control the TI via VC and the voyager using the 'TI midi' outs.

Audio:
I have the outputs of the voyager going in to the analog ins on the TI, i have the analog outs of the TI going to my speakers. This is working but there is a problem

Problem:
When i try and play the voyager with the midi keyboard, i get a weird distorted version of the voyagers output (voyager output sounds fine directly from its outs and its headphone outs, so i know the distrotion is happening somewhere in the virus). When i go in to config on the TI and set the input thru to 127(100%) i get the voyager as its 'supposed' to sound, mixed with the weird distorted version of it.

Anyone have any ideas why im getting this distortion?, I would have thought i shouldnt be able to hear anything from the voyager until i set the input thru above 0.

thanks so much for any advice, its much appreciated
have a nice day
-Dan
Old 16.02.2008, 01:38 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Just an update:

It is happening when i try and get the input to go in to ableton...if i set up an audio channel with its inputs set to the ti's input1 & 2 i get the weird distortion (the signal does not seem to be overloading)

i dont want to use the input thru, because i want to effect the input before sending it back out the main outs.

hope this isnt too confusing im confusing myself somewhat

thanks again, have a nice day
-Dan
Old 16.02.2008, 01:44 AM
Infektion taking hold...

hmm, if i try and send the virus inputs in ableton to a send effect i get some really nasty sounds.

somethings telling me the poor old virus might not be able to handle what im tryig to do with it (use it like a multi in/out soundcard)

hmm
-Dan
Old 18.02.2008, 01:23 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Access have admitted that its a driver problem and are working on it for a future update, just incase anyone is interested

cheers
-Dan
Old 18.02.2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Solo,

It does sound very confusing, and I'm very glad it's an Access issue and that they're acknowledged it as such! You can easily tear your hair out with this sort of thing, trying to get your head around it and understand it.

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder who else has stumbled upon the bug.

Hope Access fix it soon for you.
Old 18.02.2008, 08:57 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Err... I have a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.2 and tried the TI desktop as the sound in and out of Live and get a constant distorted tone on the TI audio inputs. I'm going to contact Access too, sounds like the same problem.

B
Old 19.02.2008, 01:45 AM
Infektion taking hold...

yep, after all my rambling above that's essentially what the problem is....

fingers x'd they fix it soon

thanks for having a think about it Timo

-Dan
Old 19.02.2008, 01:47 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

New news: I get completely crap timing sending midi over USB to a Korg M3 when the TI is the sound output device in Live. The timing is correct as soon as I change the sound output to Internal. The TI driver is causing a few problems. Maybe its new in 10.5.2?

B
Old 21.02.2008, 02:49 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I sent a support request 2 days ago and have not received a ticket. I don't think they are going to respond...

B