Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07.10.2005, 09:16 PM
New here
New here

Default My first bug list - Virus TI Desktop

I received my Virus TI desktop yesterday.
First thing I did was to turn the back panel 90 degrees so I could rack mount it. Pretty easy procedure. But the manual might have to be rewritten a bit? Theres steps missing in the manual.

And after installing the newest firmware (1.0.2r2) from the website, I could get started.

So heres my first bug list after the first session.

1: The holes on the rack ears for the desktop model seem to be placed wrong. You cant rack mount it in a standard rack. Either the upper or the lower holes comes in the wrong place compared to the holes in the rack itself. It's like the holes on the rack ears has been placed wrong vertically.

2: I hear a "ticking" sound from the TI at random times. While I hear the
"ticking" I can see the volume bars for "VTI 1" go up and down in the mixer. It comes and goes randomly (havent found a pattern yet).

3: This is a serious bug. The connection to the Virus TI goes down now and
then while using "Virus Control". It only happens when I change the sound. The only way to recover the connection is to turn off and then on the Virus TI again.

I couldn't replicate this bug today. It was gone! (for now)

4: The sound are getting "cut off" while using the sound at a fast BPM (for
example, this happens to "DromeCroms" - not sure about the name! (cant read my own notes - bad handwriting)).

I couldn't replicate this bug today. It was gone! (for now)

5: Very high latency! Not really sample accurate. I use a MOTU 2408MK3 as "main sound card". The latency for the Virus TI is MUCH higher than for any other software synth. When I change the setting on the MOTU (lower the buffert) I get a quite nice latency on the Virus TI. But it's weird that the latency is as high as it is.

6: The latency goes up to really bad values after applying software effects on an audio channel from the Virus TI. The latency doesn't go back to normal as you remove the effects. But the value of the latency is still the same for the MOTU.

My system is:
P4 3.8ghz. 1000 mhz FSB.
2GB RAM
MOTU 2408MK3

If anyone has any suggestions to solve any of these bugs, please tell me!

Thanks in advance

/CJ