Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.11.2005, 12:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Dont you hate sometimes bugs?

Just enough times to p--- you, but not enough to go searching for the cause.

Like I had a sound that reset the cutoff 2 to wide open everytime I would load a project in SX.

The only workaround was to Store the patch to RAM while in the slot in Virus Control. Kind of like the temp sound data is not complete.

Or the silent patch, your working away and then you dont hear it anymore. You readjust every param to try and make it make noise but nothing. You have to drag another sound into the slot and start again.

and dont get me started on stuck notes, less obvious but just as anoying are silent stuck notes. Notes that would envelope out normally so you cant hear that there stuck. End result: loss of polyphony, and you cant understand why you were coasting at 5 or 6 chanels of beafy virus then you are stuggling at 2 or 3. Mainly happens if you have a fast bass line or kik drum part. More short notes you cant hear are stuck.

But having a blast anyway, I never had to print so many parts with my virus b, but the bugs demand I change. Perhaps for the better.
Old 06.11.2005, 12:31 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

the silent patch I have had too - I mentioned it to Access and they claimed they'd not heard of anyone with the same problem, so please if you haven't done so already, let them know you have the same problem with the support form on the site.
Old 06.11.2005, 12:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

There is a bug in the Virus Control that causes Filter 2 Offset to be set to 127 if it is adjusted and saved within the project. It should be fixed in the next update.
Old 06.11.2005, 09:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

cool thanks ben, somehow I think the silent patch is related to Virus Control. In fact a sound that uses a high pass filter that has a cutoff at 127 is pretty silent. Hmmm? But if I get another silent one I'll put it in a midi file and post it.
Old 07.11.2005, 09:58 AM
Veteran
Veteran

The clicks on Virus Control USB2 output when none of the parts are assigned to USB.

Replicate this by setting all parts to analog outs, I used all of the analog outs, and none to USB. Then I heard the clicks only on USB2 (see attached).

I assigned back one part that is acctually playing something to USB1 and no clicks on USB2.

Each time I change away from the USB it takes only few bars on the second time you press play to get the clicks.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 923_1131361126.rar (23.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 08.11.2005, 08:42 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
The clicks on Virus Control USB2 output when none of the parts are assigned to USB.

Replicate this by setting all parts to analog outs, I used all of the analog outs, and none to USB. Then I heard the clicks only on USB2 (see attached).

I assigned back one part that is acctually playing something to USB1 and no clicks on USB2.

Each time I change away from the USB it takes only few bars on the second time you press play to get the clicks.
does it still click with 1.0.5?

marc
Old 08.11.2005, 11:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs

does it still click with 1.0.5?

marc
Yes, that file was made with 1.0.5.