Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.10.2005, 09:13 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Ti & Logic 7.1 (via USB)-- latency is unacceptable...

how do you make multiple parts happen? for some reason i can only access "part 1"

---and when i do the latency is ridiculous!-- getting ready to return my Ti-POLAR... there's too many things not working here...
Old 29.10.2005, 09:30 PM
Am starting to like this forum

create multiple midi parts on different channels

when does the latency happen...on recording or playback...or direct play

what else is all wrong ?
Yamaha MSP-10 Monitors & O1V96 (v2)
4x19 TFT Screens & Big Ben + Plenty of toys (one of them is the virus TI
Old 29.10.2005, 10:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Ti & Logic 7.1 (via USB)-- latency is unacceptable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpnyc
how do you make multiple parts happen? for some reason i can only access "part 1"

---and when i do the latency is ridiculous!-- getting ready to return my Ti-POLAR... there's too many things not working here...
Assuming Logic 7 Mac still works in a similar fashion to Logic 5.5.1 PC:

Instance the Virus TI as Multi Channel instrument on Audio Instrument 1.

In the Environment, select the next available Audio Instrument (Instrument 2 for this exercise)

In the pane on the left of the window, click where it says 'Cha Inst2' and choose Instrument>Instrument 1.

Then set MIDI Cha to 2.

Repeat for as many channels as you need.

If latency is too high, then go to the Audio Hardware menu, and adjust the settings in the ASIO Control Panel. Choose the setting that gives you the lowest latency with no artefacts.

If the latency is still too bothersome for live playback, then in Virus Control, select the Part you are playing live, and in the Common page, set Main Out to Out1L+R. This will give you zero latency for live playing, but you will need to set it back again once you have recorded a midi track for that part, otherwise latency compensation will make it play early.

Hope that helps.
Old 29.10.2005, 11:16 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

i've followed your directions, but while one instance of the virus "may" load (on occasion), when attempting to open another instance, it shows that there's no USB connection showing presence of the synth... what gives, ya know? i'm about 24 hours outside of returning this piece.
Old 30.10.2005, 12:10 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
i've followed your directions, but while one instance of the virus "may" load (on occasion), when attempting to open another instance, it shows that there's no USB connection showing presence of the synth... what gives, ya know? i'm about 24 hours outside of returning this piece.
At no point did I suggest you opened up a second instance of the Virus Control! Multiple instances are not supported - the Virus only has 16 channels, and the Virus Control handles them all at once.

You need to open it from the Multi Channel list on *one* audio instrument, and then follow my instructions again. The idea is to make 16 different audio instruments that each address the same instance, but on a different channel.

PC screenshot:

Old 30.10.2005, 12:30 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

thank you for the visual, that helps a lot mate!

i will try this-- but still, when using the USB connection it causes all other connections to not be enabled-- i lose my midi express (w/ other MIDI gear attached) as well as my Frontier Tranzport... this isn't acceptable... i mus be able to have these other pieces working... is there a fix or am i doing something incorrect?
Old 30.10.2005, 12:33 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
thank you for the visual, that helps a lot mate!

i will try this-- but still, when using the USB connection it causes all other connections to not be enabled-- i lose my midi express (w/ other MIDI gear attached) as well as my Frontier Tranzport... this isn't acceptable... i mus be able to have these other pieces working... is there a fix or am i doing something incorrect?
Are you using a usb hub?
Old 30.10.2005, 12:44 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

i'm going direct from the Ti-->computer, the other gear is hooked via motu midi express (thru a hub)... how else would i be able to get to the other pieces?
Old 30.10.2005, 01:52 AM
Pro
Pro

I don't know but it just somehow comes into my mind that has Access thought that people will use Virus TI as their only synth (after selling all their other synths)? I read many posts about other usb stuff not working if using the TI. That is unacceptable. I have also read many other posts and answers and it seems that if you want to work with the TI, you have to do compromises and set the rest of your gear and the way of working on TI's terms.

I also have a keyboard, mouse, logic dongle, MOTU 5x i/o midi-interface connected to usb that I can run a full rack of synths. If I bought a TI now and wanted to use the usb, I couldn't use the rest of my synths. How about usb keyboard and mouse?
Old 30.10.2005, 01:59 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I also have a keyboard, mouse, logic dongle, MOTU 5x i/o midi-interface connected to usb that I can run a full rack of synths. If I bought a TI now and wanted to use the usb, I couldn't use the rest of my synths. How about usb keyboard and mouse?[/quote]

i'm not following.... you mean hook your midi interface up to your keyboard?(not synth-- but computer keyboard)??