Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.10.2006, 12:23 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI failure - after firmware upgrade

Hey everybody,

I would really appreciate some help, if possible.

I got my Virus TI (tabletop) today and I tried upgrading the firmware. The Virus stalled in the installation and I waited for 10 minutes. I rebooted the Virus and then it came up with a blank screen.

Is there any way I can reset it?

Cause right now I cant do anything...

Any answer would be really, really appreciated... cause im havin a downer...

Thx - Skamuf
Old 28.10.2006, 03:35 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

you have wiped the firmware in the machine during the upgrade which means you now have a pile of useless circuits

Only kidding this has happened to loads of people during updates of synths and it is covered. I cannot remember off the top of my head but you need to pull the plug on the synth and re-plug it in whilst holding down a button, I think it is the EXIT button, this will boot the synth up in an update mode and it will just sit there and wait until you run the firmware updater on your pc, it should then complete. Just don't do anything on your computer and don;t touch the synth etc (AND unplug the net from your comp and disable all your firewalls and virus checker just in case.)

I'll check the update button but sure it is the exit. Pull the power chord out the back of the machine to make it easier to do both at once.

Cheers
Kris