Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.07.2004, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
look at what the nord modulars have to offer comppering to the nord leads 2\3

i think same thing can happend with the virus
a whole new way to go with a whole new line of oscilator types,filters,effects etc...
Do you say that the "Virus D" could be actually better than the G2? Cool!!!
Gearlist: Access Virus C, Clavia Nord Modular Key (fully expanded), Clavia Nord Lead 2 Rack, Roland D-10, Roland JP-8000, Yamaha A-3000, Roland MC-303, Boss Dr. Synth DS-330, Roland RPC-1 + VM-3100Pro, Adam P11-A.
Software: Cubase SL 1.0
Soon: Chameleon mkII
Old 28.07.2004, 04:18 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaqlinux48
Do you say that the "Virus D" could be actually better than the G2? Cool!!!
Well, if the possible modular Virus is coded as compact as the rest of the Virus family and the machine has two or more DSP's we have a modular system that makes G2 look like a joke.
Old 28.07.2004, 05:57 PM

Suppose that it is a modular synth, let's hope that it has circular led graphs for all the knobs (a lot of knobs !!!). And a coloured touch screen, sample RAM, an SDK for developing your own modules, ... Damn, this sounds like a dream synth.
Gearlist: Access Virus C, Clavia Nord Modular Key (fully expanded), Clavia Nord Lead 2 Rack, Roland D-10, Roland JP-8000, Yamaha A-3000, Roland MC-303, Boss Dr. Synth DS-330, Roland RPC-1 + VM-3100Pro, Adam P11-A.
Old 28.07.2004, 08:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

yes access can beat the g2 very easly in terms of sells if they will release a powerful virus modular.
no dout about it..
the virus is much more popular then the nord... and personaly i like the virus sound better.
i dont think this kind of controlers are needed because you will just connect it via firewire to your computer and edit everything there just like in the g2
i hope this one has digital outputs this time..
Old 28.07.2004, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
And a coloured touch screen
You mean A-feature-nobody-needs-but-you'll-have-to-pay-for-it(tm)? No-one needs that kind of thing hiling the price up. Let's assume that it's edited via PC/Mac so what use we have for a clumsy touch screen? A modular system is so complex that it's really not very enjoyable to edit it via small touch screen. Let's just have 2x16 LCD (or small graphic LCD if it's really, really, really needed). Only few people will buy a synth that costs 4000 euros, so it's good to avoid useless high priced features.
Old 29.07.2004, 12:57 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Whatever happens, happens.
Old 29.07.2004, 05:11 AM

Quote:
i dont think this kind of controlers are needed because you will just connect it via firewire to your computer and edit everything there just like in the g2
Sorry, but I hate a computer mouse. No, give me a lot of knobs, sliders and buttons instead of a software program. You have direct access to the most important parameters. With a software program, you always have to move your mouse pointer to a control. THis is time consuming. Well that's the reason why I have bought a Virus C desktop model instead of the rack model.
Quote:
i hope this one has digital outputs this time..
Yes, that would be really cool.
Old 29.07.2004, 06:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, but I hate a computer mouse. No, give me a lot of knobs, sliders and buttons instead of a software program. You have direct access to the most important parameters. With a software program, you always have to move your mouse pointer to a control. THis is time consuming. Well that's the reason why I have bought a Virus C desktop model instead of the rack model.
im talking about building the "synths" you build not tweeking them after you trasfar them to your patch bank...
Old 29.07.2004, 07:22 AM

Excuse me ! Of course you're right. Building a synth with only a small touch screen is a pain in the ass. A dedicated software program is of course much better. I own a Nord Modular and I find the concept of dragging modules from a toolbar a good one. I hope that Clavia doesn't have a patent on this concept!
Old 29.07.2004, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
*cough* Real-time tweaking *cough*