Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 11.02.2005, 10:30 PM

It will be here 2/15 if the UPS guy is on time...
Old 16.02.2005, 04:19 AM

Well, I got the Kyma system this afternoon! I have not had a ton of time to play with it yet due to work and wife and kids but I managed to get the software and drivers installed on my machine and play with it for about an hour or so. One word! Amazing! this thing is very deep and it is going to take a long while to get my head around certain fuctions and features but I was able to get some unbelievable SFX and mangle and morph beyond anything I have ever used before. One thing that is pretty cool is the Algorithm that creates the crazy stutters and mutations of vocals that BT uses and talks about in a few articles is somewhat of a preset Random looping and Granular Sythesis Clouds applied to your vocals or drums or whatever for that matter....Don't get me wrong it is not like you just press a button and bam! All is good but a few drag and drops of some of the preset Algorithms that some PHD's came up with will get you in the ballpark very quickly. Then just fine tune and dial it in by experimenting.

After only 1 hr of use I would highly recomend this to anyone thinking of getting into Soundtrack/SFX design for Film and Games. This machine/software will be anything you want it to be Synth, Sampler, Drum machine, Efx unit, and on and on!

I will post some samples as soon as I can.

If anyone has any questions ask away I will try and answer or try to test what ever you would like.

It will be a very long weekend!