Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.10.2003, 07:53 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Multi saving single not

Ok, so i've just started using my virus in multi mode, and I get say 4 channels set up, and individually edit each sound. Then I hit store, it says, MULTI STORED, BUT TAKE NOTICE, THERE ARE SOME EDITED SINGLES.

now, I turn off the synth, and when I turn it back on, all my changes to the individual sounds have gone. I've found a way round it, by storing the edited sounds as singles and then saving those singles in the multi program. I hope you understand what I mean, I'm getting confused myself. Is there any way round it at all, cos the way I'm doing it at the moment seems like a bit of a long haul.
If anyone could help that would be great
Thanks
Marc
Old 18.10.2003, 04:04 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

yeah i understand what you mean marc and Access engineers have also thought about this
they made a special mode called MULTI-SINGLE: it is a mode where you can edit your sounds while you are using your multi. Just press MULTI + SINGLE buttons at thesame time to activate this mode.
Old 18.10.2003, 08:01 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

yeah, i susseed that bit mate, and i have edited the parts, but I cant save these edits as part of a multi program without 1st saving them as a single.
Is there not a way that of saving them all in as part of a multi?
Old 19.10.2003, 01:14 AM
Pro
Pro

i think the concept of MULTI in the virus is different from what u r expecting it to be... MULTI mode groups 16 different patches together, it just makes reference to them, however these patches are not part of the MULTI.
you can either assign an existing patch to a part or create a new one while u r in MULTI-SINGLE... the new patch will then be available either in MULTI or SINGLE modes... that's how it works on the virus m8.. hope this helps
Old 19.10.2003, 07:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAshken
yeah, i susseed that bit mate, and i have edited the parts, but I cant save these edits as part of a multi program without 1st saving them as a single.
Is there not a way that of saving them all in as part of a multi?
hi,

first of all, the edited singles shouldn't be lost until you select another multi (or send some program change messages from your sequencer). there is two ways to store all singles used in a multi:

-make yourself familiar with dumping data into your sequencer and store the virus' setting with the song you're working on. use the "arrangement dump" which is like a snapshot of all important virus settings. the easiest way to send an arrangement dump is to hold multi while pressing store.

-you can store the multi and update all changed single sounds but i wouldn't recommend it since it only works with single sounds sitting in the RAM banks of the virus.

hope that helps, marc
Old 22.10.2003, 11:10 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

cool, thanks man, so i send the arrangement dump to cubase sx, and the virus says its sending, but cubase doesnt recieve it. Do u have any idea how I set up cubase to recieve it at all? Sorry to be such a pain in the arse.
Thank you
Marc
Old 23.10.2003, 07:42 AM
Pro
Pro

you go to File->Preferences->Midi->Filter and u uncheck the sysex for the recording, Cubase ignores (filters) those sysex messages by default, u have to disable this.
Old 23.10.2003, 07:44 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

do i have to record the data to a seperate midi track on a certain midi channel, or is the info stored invisibly?
Old 23.10.2003, 11:21 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Ok, think i sussed it, if i dump onto a midi channel (just one) will that dump the info for the entire track (all 16 channels)?
Old 24.10.2003, 12:28 PM
Pro
Pro

that depends on how dumping is configured on your synth. The virus offers different types of dumps: Single, Multi, Arrangement, BankA, BankB
i don't remember if there are any others