Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 01.02.2004, 07:55 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default Novation products

Does anyone have the experience about different novation products. Personally I own the A-station, but I'm not really satisfied with it. Does the Nova series really offer a better sound, or is there just more options for filters etc. What do you think?
Old 01.02.2004, 10:45 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Apparently so.

There was a new OS released for the Nova synthesizer that added an extra four voices, nine new filter types, etc.

As for whether or not the sound quality is better in the more expensive models, thats for someone who owns Novation gear to answer
________
POLIO ADVICE

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02.02.2004, 01:54 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

i had a nova for about 3 month but i sold it cuz i didnt like the sound. It sounded kinda lofi. But i used to own a bassstation rack and it was good(although the os crashed after a month, so i had to send it back to get it fixed) I don't like novation products they feel/sound very "low buget" but thats just my opinion...and what do i know
Old 02.02.2004, 06:47 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinegunjoe
It sounded kinda lofi.
I know exactly what you mean. But sometimes those sounds can work very well in the mix. I never use the A-station to make killer leads, but sometimes my compositions becomes "to infected"... 10 different Virus sounds on top of each other isn't really what I like.
Seemes like people has this general opinion about all novation gear, not only the cheap A-station...
Old 02.02.2004, 11:20 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

I've tried out a lot of Novation stuff at the store; but I've always ended up feeling that it was just lacking....no matter if it's the nova, k-station, bass-station, or what have you; they just don't seem to sit as well in a mix as a virus or nord or waldorf.

I would like to bring one home sometime and see if I can get better things out of it here; but maybe I shouldn't waste my time on something that I just don't like the sound of...
Old 02.02.2004, 11:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

i have a bass station rack and v-station and the major difference between them and the virus is their filter, it is not ... let's say .. as agressive as the virus's, it sounds thin, btw i agree with u machinegunjoe, it sounds lofi, but i guess thats the drawback of the thin filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picato
but sometimes my compositions becomes "to infected"...
i know what u mean! that's also true i think, that's why now i try to use some VSTi that sound a bit different from the virus, like Albino, which i am really enjoying right now!
Old 03.02.2004, 12:00 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I own a nova...and i wouldnt say it better or worse then say a virus...just different...its all in the way u use the nova...it has a brighter sound then some VA's...really good for lead sounds...i like the square too...and the assignable env....I need to try a KS rack, but i have been please with what i have been able to get out of it...i would say that it just takes a bit more finess then most VA's...the sync options on it is awesome tho compared to the virus...i was disappointed when i just saw a button for syn on the virus...althought there is still a good amount u can do with it, there is so much more u can do sync wise with the nova...

peace
Blank