Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.08.2017, 12:49 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default unable to cycle waveforms in ti snow

hi guys, something so simple as assigning an lfo to cycle the 'osc1 wave select' has problems on my Snow.
sometimes it will start to cycle waves, but only at extremely low lfo rate, like 0-10(??)..and then it does what sounds like a sort of 'buffer pile-up crash' and the audio collapses and distorts, then back to the weird sin wave-ish hi tone it was on before.. strange.
the VSt asks for 512 & lower buffer settings, but trying all down to 32 even doesn't seem to change. ive refreshed the Snow and updated everything, etc. so i wonder what the issue is,
thanks
Old 16.08.2017, 01:44 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi, Welcome.

Sounds like the modulation is going much further (off the scale) off of each side. The Sin wave is one extremity of the OscWav wavetable.

You need to centre the OscWavSelect origin, and then narrow any LFO modulation intensity accordingly.

Remember an LFO is bipolar, so setting the Osc1 Wav Select knob origin to the centre (64) will allow the bipolar LFO modulation to rock either side of this value, positively and negatively, so there is no bias.

Now lower the modulation intensity of the LFO until you can hear the modulation not going off the scale of each side, but still reaching the outer limit of the wavetable. I just tested it and an LFO intensity of 30 should suffice. I think 31 goes off the edge a touch.

Use a triangle LFO wave if you want a linear ping-pong sweep, as a sine wave will naturally languish at the extremities.