Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01.06.2010, 05:07 PM
New here
New here

Default Several Questions from a Potential Virus TI Buyer

Hello,

I signed up on this forum to ask a few questions about Virus TI (or TI2) which I'm currently considering. (I'm a total newbie so forgive my naivete.)

Background info about me: I am a musician who is mainly interested in ready-made presets. I'm not an engineer, and I'm not too interested in tweaking my own sounds because I'm not very good at it. Instead, what I like is to have a lot of cool presets, i.e. quality out-of-the-box sounds.

With that out of the way, my questions:

1) Is the Virus TI2 good for House/Electro out of the box? I'm talking about sidechained sawbasses typical for House (can sidechaining be done easily inside the Virus? because I can't do it in my sequencer, FL) and also the typical plucky Electro-Pop sounds, as in Pop tracks such as Lady Gaga, Benny Benassi, David Guetta, etc.

2) Not sure if many people are familiar with Hardstyle, but I'd like to use it for Hardstyle as well, out of the box (or with minimal work). This genre has a distorted drum with a big sub-bass under it. Is it possible to make distorted kicks and hardstyle "screeches" with the TI/TI2 "out of the box" or at least without any background in sound synthesis.

3) I work in FL. How many instances of Virus TI/TI2 will I be able to place in a single project? I've heard there's a limit, like 16? (or 4 in the case of Snow)? If it's a small number, it can be limiting because what if I use the Virus for lots of different sounds?

4) Have latency or other compatibility issues been completely resolved in Virus TI/TI2? In other words, if I buy a TI2 now and put it in my FL Studio 8 environment, will everything work perfectly with no latency?

Thanks