Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.08.2009, 08:03 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Question Virus TI clipping :( (check voices?)

Finally got a Virus TI!

I'm having an issue though. Whenever I run about 4 instruments, it begins to clip/one instrument craps out. For example. If I have a lead going and a bass line, then automate a pad(hypersaw for this issue) the pad plays but randomly clips in and out at random times...

Am I using to much polyphony (or voices...new to terminology...). I've seen tutorials/videos of people using all 16 of the channels and that don't have this issue.

I have OS 3.0.3. Is this a problem with my TI in general? I had the problem with the first one I bought, so I sold it and got another one. Same issue. I'm running the TI as the main sound card and using Ableton Live 8. I have a fast computer too so that can't be the issue.

I guess it'd be a good start to check how many voices I am using. Is it possible to check and if to many lower the amount per instrument? Or do I have the preferences set wrong? (I have it set up based on the tutorial from Access)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Amazing forum by the way!
Old 13.08.2009, 08:10 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I was reading some forum posts, is this issue I'm having called "Sneezing"? Would updating to 3.0.5 help resolve this?