Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.06.2012, 05:33 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Virus Snow Power adapter Problem

Hi
My Ti snow adapter seems to have gotten spoiled.
The Snow is receiving no power and does not come on, nor does the LED indicate that it is receiving power.
I think it happened cause the cable of my spike guard/surge protector that it was plugged into, was a bit melted, due to overload.
I got the power adapter checked with a multi meter and it seems to be malfunctioning.

My question is, is it advisable to find an exact match for the power supply and use that or should I contact Access and order a new power supply ? WOuld it be safer in the long run to get an original power supply from Access ?

Also I am hoping that only the power supply is spoiled and not the Snow itself. I will only know when I find a match for the power supply and plug it in.
Do You think that it might just be the power supply and not the Virus itself ? Is there some sort of built in Protection on the main Unit ?

I live in India and I will have to order the power supply or send the Snow back all the way to Germany, which will take almost 2 months to return and will cost a fortune.....

Please Advice ..

Thanks
Old 19.06.2012, 11:33 PM
Infektion taking hold...

If the original power supply takes that long to arrive, then I think you can get a "clone" power supply and use it while you get the original.

If the specifications match exactly, there should be no problem with the power supply.

I don't think the Virus TI Snow has additional built in protection. The power supply has it. AFAIK, it's unlikely the Virus TI Snow got bricked, but check with the "clone" power supply.
Old 20.06.2012, 10:58 AM
Pro
Pro

Hi..
Thanks for the reply..
I did manage to check the Virus with a clone and The main unit is working fine.
Its just the power supply that burned out.
I am going to look for a good quality power supply to replace this one while I wait for the one from Access to arrive.

Thanks

Old 20.06.2012, 02:03 PM
Infektion taking hold...

And don't forget to get the best power surge protection you can get