Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 26.06.2012, 03:15 PM
New here
New here

Default Fresh Fallen Snow

Hi Everyone -new Snow user. After researching a lot of synths, I decided this would be a good addition to my setup, which is an Elektron Octatrack and Machinedrum UW.

The Snow is my first dedicated synth, and until I know more about it, I'm intending to use it primarily in Sequencer Mode to create melodic samples for the Octatrack. I'm a hardware guy and have virtually no experience with DAWs (I currently use GarageBand as a glorified tape recorder and not much else), so it may be awhile before I can appreciate the TI aspect of the Snow.

But that's OK for now. All I want to be able to do for the moment is create some high-quality 4-bar loops I can use for minimal, house and techno. I expect I'll start by exploring the factory sounds and additional downloadable patches here on the Access site. As I won't be using a DAW I'd like to focus on how to control the Snow using my Octatrack, which I've already found can send the Snow 4 MIDI channels of CC and note triggers.

I'll be browsing this forum of course, but if anyone can send me to resources, tutorials, etc. that would help me with these specific goals, I'd really appreciate it.

My one question at the moment is: Is there an actual manual beyond the Quickstart and Reference documents I see on the main Support page? I've updated my OS by connecting my Snow up via USB, but I don't see any manuals in obvious places. Running Mac OSX...Maybe I missed it?

Thanks!

-Chad
Old 27.06.2012, 03:33 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Here you can find the Reference manual in CHM format (Windows help file) but aside of those documents and the addendum (explaining new features added with new OS), your additional reference is this forum...

As you can see, the user guides are not the best part of the Virus.