Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.06.2012, 02:19 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Switching from midi control to thru channel with single keyboard?

I just made a post about how to run a keyboard through the virus to use its effects and use a SEPARATE midi controller to control the virus simultaneously... but then I wondered... how can I just run my kurzweil through the virus' input AND hook it up to the virus via midi then switch it back and forth to act as the midi controller for the virus? Thanks!!
Old 27.06.2012, 03:13 PM
Infektion taking hold...

After you do the steps outlined on your other thread: Using the TI2 and running a signal through it simultaniously?

You just plug a MIDI cable: Kurzweil MIDI OUT -> Virus MIDI IN

If you want to get different sounds from the Kurzweil and the Virus even by having a single MIDI cable, you create a Setup on the Kurzweil:
- Set a Zone with a MIDI channel which the Virus is not listening to (on the Multi). This Zone will have the signal you want to process with the Virus.
- Set a Zone with a MIDI channel matching the Part in the Virus you want to control remotely. You can have up to 15 Parts on a Multi in the Virus (I'm not considering the Part dedicated to Process the signal coming from the Kurzweil) and you also happen to have 15 available Zones on the Kurzweil available to control the Virus (also not considering the Zone used to control the tone generator on the Kurzweil)