Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.08.2005, 03:01 PM
New here
New here

Default creating delay before lfo starts

I would like to add a delay before the lfo kicks in. The effect I am after is that the sound filters in on the second beat of the bar.

I know I can use envelope mode to make the lfo cycle jjust once. The problem is, how do I add a time delay so there is a pause before the lfo cycle?

Lfo 3 has the right sort of setting (I think it is called delaytime) but it only has limited destinations, not including cutoff.

Is there some workaround to this problem, possibly using the contour control?

Thanks
Old 19.08.2005, 04:50 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: creating delay before lfo starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_apparatus
I would like to add a delay before the lfo kicks in. The effect I am after is that the sound filters in on the second beat of the bar.

I know I can use envelope mode to make the lfo cycle jjust once. The problem is, how do I add a time delay so there is a pause before the lfo cycle?

Lfo 3 has the right sort of setting (I think it is called delaytime) but it only has limited destinations, not including cutoff.

Is there some workaround to this problem, possibly using the contour control?

Thanks
If LFO 3 has a delay-time-feature (or whatever it is) then just use it as a source in the mod-matrix and assign it to whatever you like...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 23.08.2005, 08:51 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for the tip. I am not sure if I know how to use the mod-matrix yet. I usually just go to 'assign' within the lfo menu. What page is the mod-matrix help in the manual? Cheers.
Old 23.08.2005, 10:39 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

It?s pretty simple. If you can assign a parameter in the specific LFO you can surely use the mod-matrix too. The only difference here is that you get to choose the source (where the source in the LFO-menus are...of course...the LFO?s). Here a quick guide:

- Press the LFO select button until MOD is lit.
- Press select (the other select ) and choose witch slot to use (assign 1, 4, 5 & 6 has one destination each, assign 2 has two destinations and assing 3 has three destinations)
- Choose the source for modulating (modwheel, LFO, envelope, etc.)
- Choose the destination parameter you want to manipulate (cutoff, attack, noise volume, osc shape, etc.)
- Dial in the desired amount of modulation you want the source to modulate the destination parameter with (just like with the LFO?s)
- Now you?r done

Read more about the MOD-matrix in the manual at page 48 and do yourself a favor and learn to use it and experiment with it. You can do so pretty cool (and wird) things in there.

Old 23.08.2005, 11:06 AM
New here
New here

Virus B only!

Thanks very much for this advice but my virus B does not have exactly the same architecture of your 'C' and does not have the lfo select button or the 'mod' selection. Maybe these options are hidden in menus in my 'B' model?

I hope it does have as flexible a mod-matrix though! - I just looked at the interactive 3d model of the virus c and it looks much more hands on with less hidden in menus.

I wonder how much I could sell my 'B' for and get a 'C' instead? hmm, I wonder how much more that would be.
Old 23.08.2005, 12:45 PM
New here
New here

Default modmatrix on Virus B

Just checked the manual, there is a modulation matrix. Time to get deeper into my virus!
Old 23.08.2005, 01:05 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: modmatrix on Virus B

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_apparatus
Just checked the manual, there is a modulation matrix. Time to get deeper into my virus!
Indeed there is but in the "B" you "only" have 3 modulation slots (and they are identical to the "C"?s slot 1, 2, & 3). I don?t know how it works in the "B" (maybe menus???) but it must be pretty similar to the "C". Sorry that i assumed that you had a "C". Maybe i should read the topic

Old 03.10.2005, 08:43 AM
New here
New here

Hi!

One idea:
LFO 1: Pulse Wave with f=delay time * 2, SYNC
LFO 2 (the delayed one): The wave you want, SYNC (or not if you want)

Set LFO1 to sync and the pulse waves phase to 180? degree. (or just make everything negative). Link LFO2's volume to LFO1. Now Adjust LFO2's Phase that the starting point fits.

I'm virus-less since almost a year, so i hope it works, but tomorrow.... TI WILL COME :P

Volker