Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.02.2004, 07:43 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default [unsolved] virus b os 4.9 (build 50) velocity bug...

i've been in contact with access trying to resolve a velocity bug in os 4.9 and am trying to figure out if i'm the only one experiencing this--access claims i'm the only one with the probelm so far...

what i noticed with the new o/s is that many programs do not respond correctly to velocity input...in particular i seem to have great difficilty with the FiltEnvAmt...it would appear that no matter what velocity is comming in from my keyborad (or thru a sequencer) that the FiltEnvAmt treats the incomming velocity as value 100...

i've flashed my virus b (version s) back and forth between os 4.8 and 4.9 (using the full dump and o/s chunks) but the problem persists with 4.9...

as a reference point i've been using the single program A20 NABASS RP...is uses velocity to control the filter section...in 4.8 the greater the velocity the greater the cutoff opens...in 4.9 it doesn't matter what the velocity is, the cutoff is almost fully open...

here are some links to mp3 files to demonstrate....

4.8 mp3
4.9 mp3

i created a sequence with 8 C2 notes each with the following increasing velocities: 15-30-45-60-75-90-105-127...

4.8.mp3 shows how the filter section is suppose to work with changing velocitites; the cutoff gradually opens up...

4.9.mp3 demonstrates how the filter section is responding incorrectly to velocity values...despite each note having different velocity values, the cutoff fully opens as if Filt1EnvAmt max. value of +56 is always being sent regardless of what velocity...

just hoping that i'm not alone...

thanks for any help...
Old 18.04.2004, 11:55 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Same problem

I sadly enough have exactly the same problem.

I just upgraded my kb to the OS to 4.9 'S' version and my velocity doesn't work either.

I am going to write to access and see what they can do but i think we will be waiting for a OS revision

Great shame as all those new arp patterns looked great, though its amazing how crippled the virus is without the velocity modulating things.

Well I hope we get this one sorted,

Repetty Terrier
Old 06.05.2004, 03:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: [unsolved] virus b os 4.9 (build 50) velocity bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardman
what i noticed with the new o/s is that many programs do not respond correctly to velocity input...in particular i seem to have great difficilty with the FiltEnvAmt...it would appear that no matter what velocity is comming in from my keyborad (or thru a sequencer) that the FiltEnvAmt treats the incomming velocity as value 100...

just hoping that i'm not alone...

thanks for any help...
i can't reproduce it - works here

marc