Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 03.05.2004, 10:50 PM

Default [solved] Arp in VirusC going out of sync after some time

Hi, I'm new here. I recently purchased a VirusC. I have OS 6.5, and have noticed the arpeggiator goes out of sync and does strange things after some time.

I put the arp on hold, press a key, and after some beats the arpegiator will be out of sync with the drum machine, metronome, etc...

I did a search and found an old post about it, but nobody came to a conclussion back then.

Can any of you help? Should I mail directly to access support?

Its quite important for me, as I use my synths in live gigs. Thanks.
Old 04.05.2004, 01:39 PM
Amateur
Amateur

you know what i never ever use Apps but I actually had a fiddle about with it and mine dont stay in either! not that i use um or want to just I thought id have a play with um!!

Also if i paste a long line out in SX on the first note of the Bar well it dosnt cum in bang on!! anyone else get this?

Oh and yes my temo on the virus matches my SX one!!

Hope you solve it though mate! be a nightmare to play along a part thats out of sync LOL
Old 04.05.2004, 02:06 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

which OS are you using nordlead ?
this problem has been fixed in 6.5 i think
Old 04.05.2004, 02:44 PM

hatembr - I'm using the latest OS 6.5 . I dont know if this was a problem with older OS's as I didnt try it with those.

303lovesit - I hear ya! Playing out of sync is too much experimental for me. I hope the guys at access solve this one in their next OS update.

My only solution so far is to make my sequencer (Rm1x) retrigger the note every 16 / 32 beats so the out-of-sync doesnt happen, but come on, for the price of these machines one would expect them to follow the tempo!

Sequencing is no good solution for me though, as I like to play my stuff live with my keyboard, not with a sequencer. Lets hope someone at access sees this post.
Old 05.05.2004, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordlead

My only solution so far is to make my sequencer (Rm1x) retrigger the note every 16 / 32 beats so the out-of-sync doesnt happen, but come on, for the price of these machines one would expect them to follow the tempo!
Have you set the Virus to Clocksync? Does the sequencer provide proper MIDI clocks?

tk
Old 05.05.2004, 09:50 PM

Hi TK, its great to have an Access employee here.

The Virus is set to clocksync (clock rx - auto) and it does recieve the info (little c on screen). Also I think my RM1x provides the correct midi clocks: somewhere I read if you set LCD MODE to ---, the LCDs will flash everytime bad midi clocks are recieved, so that is not the problem.

Also, bear in mind I discovered this problem when playing live, with a midi keyboard. I would play a note with the arp in hold mode, all sync'ed with my drums or metronome (no midi sync, simply human sync), and after some beats (16-32) the arp will start going off tempo or doing strange stuff.

The midi clock isnt the issue as it was not used, but even using midi sync, the arp will go mad after some time. Give it a try.

Maybe its my VirusC (faulty unit, bad OS), but if you look in the archives you can find someone else had the exact same problem.

I would have never realised it if it wasnt for live performances, as I had been using my VirusC at home without even noticing it.

I'm using OS 6.5, build 352.

TK, should I email access support? Thanks for your time.
Old 08.05.2004, 07:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:

The midi clock isnt the issue as it was not used, but even using midi sync, the arp will go mad after some time. Give it a try.
i've tried it and synced the virus (same OS) to Logic for 9999 bars (yes, that's the maximum in logic...). no drift at all

marc
Old 11.05.2004, 11:32 AM

Marc, its great to hear your Virus syncs with Logic perfectly, but if you read my first post, you'll notice I mentioned I put arp on hold and played manually, not synced.

Later, in order to check if it always failed, I tried to sync it to an Rm1x and Cubase, using both as sequencers, and both times failed, always after some beats (16-32).

So, as a result of my experiment, I concluded the arp on my VirusC goes out of sync (out of beat, out of tempo, etc..) after some beats, whether I'm syncing it via midi or not.

I'll email Access and see what they suggest.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 11.05.2004, 02:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Marc, its great to hear your Virus syncs with Logic perfectly, but if you read my first post, you'll notice I mentioned I put arp on hold and played manually, not synced.

Later, in order to check if it always failed, I tried to sync it to an Rm1x and Cubase, using both as sequencers, and both times failed, always after some beats (16-32).

So, as a result of my experiment, I concluded the arp on my VirusC goes out of sync (out of beat, out of tempo, etc..) after some beats, whether I'm syncing it via midi or not.

I'll email Access and see what they suggest.

Thanks for the replies.
hi,

yeah, contacting access support sounds like a good idea

good luck, marc
Old 21.05.2004, 09:47 AM

Ok, I tried sync'ing my Virus with an MPC and a friends Logic, and the results? It syncs perfectly. Its actually a problem of unstable midi clock as all of you pointed out, duh! I feel so dumb!

The manual sync'ing still goes out of time after some beats, but atleast I know I can sync it properly with some decent sequencers. I also noticed Cubase has the most unstable midi clock and the yamaha Rm1x has an almost ok midi clock, but will still loose sync after some time.

My friend told me he couldnt use the arp of his Supernova2 either, when using Cubase. I guess Cubase or my soundcard midi timing sucks badly.

Anyways, thanks for all.