Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.07.2010, 02:11 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default [unsolved] How do we hear all Four (4) parts in the TI Snow??!??

I have dug for answers (including the manual) and am at a loss.

We have Sonar 8.5 & updated, running on XP SP3, Snow is updated to the latest OS, Fireface 800 latest drivers. AMD Athlon FX60 Dual Core, clocked at 2875 MHZ per core, 4 Gigs premium Corsair RAM. We use VC for the Snow exclusively.

We can only ever hear one part. We have set part 1 for USB 1, Part 2 for USB 2, Part 3 for USB 3, and we know part 4 must use audio out L+R.

We are beyond frustrated!!!!! To say the least.

We really need a walk through, and/or an explanation. For what we spent, and for the type of musik we do (Ambient) We need to be able to stack all 4 parts, even 3 will do at this point through the USB. We bought the Snow in part to layer 4 parts, and love the idea of it, because in part it will not eat up our CPU for other VSTi / VST.

This is driving us bat shit! We want what we paid for!!

Also the ability to process each part separately would be nice.

A great MANY Thanks to all those that might help us in advance!!!

Cheers!!

Chris & Erik
Old 22.07.2010, 05:00 PM
Pro
Pro

u need 4 midi out channels..and assign each virus channel to one midi out channel...set the same port number on midi channels as the snow....

if u want to process them seperately, u need to go into the configuration page in your VsT wrapper for the virus and select the mixer channels for each of the virus outputs....

i know how to do all this in fruity loops ...what are u using?? sonar...i dont know..but it will be similar...

EDIT :
ok i've uploaded a video for you...but it will show u how its done in fruity...u will need to figure out how to do it in sonar..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ5WyuQH8c8
Old 23.07.2010, 03:34 AM
New here

Hallo Nutrinoland, I have actually tried to do this in Sonar, either I am doing something wrong (most likely) or Sonar does not work the same with the Snow. I am going to give it another try, and mess around, and see what happens. Thanks so much for trying to help us out!! : )

Anyone else have any ideas how to do this in Sonar 8 / 8.5 ?

Please help : (......

Cheers!!

Chris & Erik

P.S. I might call Cakewalk tech support,... "maybe" they can help.
Old 23.07.2010, 05:40 AM
New here

Default [SOLVED] How do we hear all Four (4) parts in the TI Snow??!??

I did it! I can't believe it, I actually figured it out. Your video was helpful after all!! Thanks!!

I made a MIDI track assigned to each part of the Snow, and am also able to have each one assigned to an audio track for separate processing too. I saved the whole setup as a template as well. Anyone w/ Sonar 8 who is as lost as I was, just ask me and I'll be happy to help you out, even send you the template I made.

Oh the joy!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Chris & Erik
Old 23.07.2010, 05:59 AM
Pro
Pro

very nice..

Old 23.07.2010, 10:24 PM
New here

Hallo Nutrinoland, and Everyone else needing help with The Snow & Sonar!

I assumed that like any other VSTi that one MIDI track would trigger all four parts. Example: My Korg Legacy M1 is 8-16 part multi timbrel, and all parts will sound using just one MIDI track (at least for an 8 part Combination).

Like most other hardware synths, you have to assign a MIDI track to each timbre if your are going to sequence in a DAW. Example: My Korg Triton EXT 88, Yamaha TG-33, Roland JV-2080, Etc. will need a MIDI track for each part/timbre I want to use. I see now that the Snow works the same way.

In Sonar a MIDI track must be created for each part in the Snow you wish to use. MIDI track 1 set to channel 1, for Part 1, and so on for the rest. You can use just one audio track for all four parts if you don't need or wish to process them separately by setting each of the four parts to USB 1 L+R or OUT L+R.

If you want to process 2 or more parts audio separately, than you need to open up an audio track for each part and assign them in Sonar, then on the Snow by setting part two to USB 2 L+R, third part to USB 3 L+R, and fourth part to OUT L+R using audio cables going to your interface. You can also avoid using the cables if say, you have two parts that you don't mind sharing on the same USB audio channel, and I found that you can choose which two will share the same USB channel.

In Sonar launching the Snow you can set in the dialog box to open audio on all stereo outputs, and by doing this you get one MIDI track, and 3 audio tracks already for use, using the Snow's USB outs 1,2,and 3 L+R. Then from there create 3 more MIDI tracks to get all four parts sounding.

We re SO happy now that we figured this out, layering on the Snow is AWESOME

Also When you create a Multi in VC say in Sonar for example, you can save it as a .FXP preset, to use again in another project

Now I have to figure out how to get all 4 parts sounding in KORE 2 Any advice on that?

Cheers!!!!!!

Erik