Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 22.03.2005, 10:24 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchbitch
Im at Mona vale ,northern beaches but I have a car. Ok, Id really like to find out more about how to store my arrangements at the moment. As far as storing my multi single programs so that when I choose to work on my song after having been working on something else, I can restore all the sounds etc I cant figure it out. Id really like to learn as much as I can especially about eq, compression. I intend to release my music independently so I just want to be the best I can.
WOW! We are practically neighbours.......

Im not a Virus Expert, but the problems you seem to be having I reckon will be easily sorted out with a little time spent with trial and error.

Send me an email ( jason @ 24bit192k DOT com ) and maybe we can organise something

ok thanks alot, will do.

Good luck!
Old 22.03.2005, 09:30 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
I am working with an akai mpc2000xl sequencer. When Ive finished my songA which Ive created with the virus indigo11 in multi single mode I want to save all the sounds exactly as they are then work on a new songB with different sounds once again in multi single mode. So what I want to know is firstly how to store everthing the way it is then how to recall it if I want to work on the songA again later. I have done everything people are telling me and it does not happen. I just get the same songA arrangement but it plays the sounds from the new songB. Do I have to store all the sounds individually and then dial them back manually later if I want to use? This means I would have to write down the numbers so surely this is not the way to do it. Also If I store the sounds from songA or from anything I do,do they not overwrite the original factory preset or whichever one I choose to store it to? But what if I do not want to lose the preset? This seems stupid. Why is there not an empty memory bank to store stuff?
What you need to do is when you are working on the songA multi is while in multi/single mode make sure you store all the seperate single patches, then to go from multi/single mode to multi mode then save the multi as "songA" in a slot.

Then you can go back to multi/single mode, change to the patches you want for song B, save all the single patches if you tweak them, then go back to multi mode and then save that as "songB" in a different slot.

What you have to be aware of is that the multi mode just saves the patch numbers of the seperate singles in it and if you go and change and save those single patches when using them alone in single mode or in another multi then the new version will be the one loaded when you reload the original multi. So if you wnat to tweak a patch for a different multi you have to save that patch in a different slot with a different name. Also, if you tweak a patch while in multi/single and don't save the single patch you will lose those changes if you load a different multi then go back to the original.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 23.03.2005, 12:55 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge
Quote:
I am working with an akai mpc2000xl sequencer. When Ive finished my songA which Ive created with the virus indigo11 in multi single mode I want to save all the sounds exactly as they are then work on a new songB with different sounds once again in multi single mode. So what I want to know is firstly how to store everthing the way it is then how to recall it if I want to work on the songA again later. I have done everything people are telling me and it does not happen. I just get the same songA arrangement but it plays the sounds from the new songB. Do I have to store all the sounds individually and then dial them back manually later if I want to use? This means I would have to write down the numbers so surely this is not the way to do it. Also If I store the sounds from songA or from anything I do,do they not overwrite the original factory preset or whichever one I choose to store it to? But what if I do not want to lose the preset? This seems stupid. Why is there not an empty memory bank to store stuff?
What you need to do is when you are working on the songA multi is while in multi/single mode make sure you store all the seperate single patches, then to go from multi/single mode to multi mode then save the multi as "songA" in a slot.

Then you can go back to multi/single mode, change to the patches you want for song B, save all the single patches if you tweak them, then go back to multi mode and then save that as "songB" in a different slot.

What you have to be aware of is that the multi mode just saves the patch numbers of the seperate singles in it and if you go and change and save those single patches when using them alone in single mode or in another multi then the new version will be the one loaded when you reload the original multi. So if you want to tweak a patch for a different multi you have to save that patch in a different slot with a different name. Also, if you tweak a patch while in multi/single and don't save the single patch you will lose those changes if you load a different multi then go back to the original.

Hopefully that helps.
Thanks for the help, Ill try to get my head around that. One more question though, When I save a patch in multi/single mode or in single mode, I am irrevocably overwriting whatever was in the place where I store it correct?
Old 23.03.2005, 03:28 AM
Pro
Pro

Hey bitch.

Welcome to the madhouse

If you back up all of your patches into your computer then you don't have to worry about what you overwrite as you can always recall it later.

I would say that alot of the problems you are having would be solved by using a patch editor/librarian like Soundiver. I usually save the 'state of the virus' before starting a new song. If I'm going to be working on a DnB track, then I'll load lots of DnB soundsets into the virus using Soundiver and then get to work. If I want to get back to where I was, I just go back into soundiver and reload my 'state of the virus' save.

Hope that helps bitch!

Old 23.03.2005, 10:33 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
in other words , you dont have a #@!$%* clue
No aggression on here please! We are a friendly, helpfull bunch....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 23.03.2005, 09:32 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Thanks for the help, Ill try to get my head around that. One more question though, When I save a patch in multi/single mode or in single mode, I am irrevocably overwriting whatever was in the place where I store it correct?
yes, so if you don't want to do that you have to store it to a different slot. You will of course then overwrite whatever was in that slot.

As Gopal said, if you back up all your patches onto your computer this is less of an issue as you can always get the original patch back.
Old 24.03.2005, 06:26 AM
Very mucho Newbie

In the manual it says that a multi program contains within 16 edit buffers which singles are copied to for editing. If I can store this entire program within the virus to work on later then move to a new multi to work on something new then what is the point of an arrangement dump?
Also if I dump a sound to my sequencer is that like a copy or is the sound totally gone from the virus?
Old 24.03.2005, 06:48 AM
Very mucho Newbie

[quote="ledge"]
Quote:

What you have to be aware of is that the multi mode just saves the patch numbers of the seperate singles in it and if you go and change and save those single patches when using them alone in single mode or in another multi then the new version will be the one loaded when you reload the original multi. So if you wnat to tweak a patch for a different multi you have to save that patch in a different slot with a different name. Also, if you tweak a patch while in multi/single and don't save the single patch you will lose those changes if you load a different multi then go back to the original.

Hopefully that helps.
So if I have three versions of the same single in my multi I have to save all three to different slots?
Old 28.03.2005, 08:45 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
So if I have three versions of the same single in my multi I have to save all three to different slots?
that is right, unless you want all three to sound exactly the same
Old 28.03.2005, 08:47 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
In the manual it says that a multi program contains within 16 edit buffers which singles are copied to for editing. If I can store this entire program within the virus to work on later then move to a new multi to work on something new then what is the point of an arrangement dump?
Also if I dump a sound to my sequencer is that like a copy or is the sound totally gone from the virus?
I assume the arrangement dump dumps the individual singles as well as the multi. The point would be if you load that arrangement the singles would be as you had them when you did the dump and any changes since would be over-written, though I am not certain about this.

And when you dump patches it is just a copy of them.