Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.01.2005, 05:04 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
you would need to flash the new arp into ROM every single time you change even ONE notelength, in fact you would need to flash 32 KB which would contain loads of other code as well because you cannot flash a couple of bytes.
on top, every of the 1024 patches using the arp at this certain location would change as well.
Translation = "It ain't gonna happen"

J/k
Old 29.01.2005, 06:21 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to scr

I was wondering how to use a step arp programmer with the C.
Is there a good vst pluggin wich can be used like an midi effect to program Arp paterns ?
Old 29.01.2005, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr
Is there a good vst pluggin wich can be used like an midi effect to program Arp paterns ?
What sequencer are you using? I would say the sequencers piano roll is a good place to program some arps. I do mine there all the time. Either in there or logic's hyper-edit.
Old 30.01.2005, 05:02 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr
I was wondering how to use a step arp programmer with the C.
I have used EnergyXT with arp and a midi out plug from tobybear.

results are only usabel at sub 10ms latency, due to the midi out plug suffering from buffering. Nuendo / Cubase both have "hardware out from vsti" issues..
Old 31.01.2005, 12:36 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I m using cubase Sx 2. but Piano roll dosn't sound like an programed arp sequence.
I'd like to have a Vanguard arp like pluggin. An arp with trance gate features.
Old 31.01.2005, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr
I m using cubase Sx 2. but Piano roll dosn't sound like an programed arp sequence.
You must not be programming them right. You can make the piano roll sound just like an arp. The virus b arp files are floating around on the net in .mid versions. I suggest looking for that and oopening them in cubase to see how it is done, since they will open in the piano roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr
I'd like to have a Vanguard arp like pluggin. An arp with trance gate features.
Upgrade to SX3 if you can. they have the arpache arp (or see above). Then combine that with a noise gate sidechained to a drum track, and you have instant vanguard on any synth you want.
I dont know if it is the same in SX, but in logic I can save the setup of it all, and just insert it on to audio instrument tracks whenever needed.
Old 31.01.2005, 01:25 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Yeah you're right
Old 31.01.2005, 03:05 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
ten wrote:
The most you can expect is a couple of filters or some fixes or whatever. They are seriously NOT going to design software for the C.

Mmm, some new filters with new saturation stages would be nice. But knowing what Access are capable of, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they created something new for the C - just look at the B series.
hehehe. i love how hollowcell is trying to get absolutely anything extra out of access. keep pulling that chain hollowcell! they will cave in eventually! they must! at least give us virus b owners a bananna huh? for customer loyalty? REMEMBER WE STUCK BY YOU! YOU OWE US!!
Old 31.01.2005, 04:22 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Actually i don?t really care much for new arp. patterns since i can just as well program sequenses and loop them. I was just thinking that it wouldn?t be a big deal overwriting them.

To marc: I can see te point in that the factory presets that uses arp. won?t sound alike any more. I just didn?t get the point about sending one notelength of a time. I was thinking more like a stand-alone software arp-programmer that you could update an OS-file with and then do an ordinary OS-update with the modified OS-file.

As for the vocoder vs. hypersaw; i too would like to see this happen but i?m not sure i would do the update cause the virus vocoder might not be the best in the world but for the time being it?s the only vocoder option i have Actually i was a little disapointed with the vocoder when i got the virus cause i was seing forward to having a nice vocoder too. Well what the heck; the rest of the beast makes it up for it

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 31.01.2005, 04:46 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

I personally have never used the Vocoder, and never will I don't think so I welcome the Hypersaw to replace the Vocoder with open arms.