Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 21.10.2009, 04:25 AM
Banned
New here

Default Virus no macth for my EPS16+...

Its true..

Those Virtual analogs are ok, but id rather take a nice sampler for sound design.

At its core the virus is only a multiple of an oscilator...

Basically its just a sample based synth where you cant change any of the samples...

If any one tells you any different he is a liar.. The Virtual analog jargon is is myth.. All it is, is a sample based synth with a few real time controls on it.

Id def take an EPS16+ any day over a virus. Reasons are..

1 more oscialators..

A virus may give you 70 +.. but an EPS16/ASR10 with it's resample feature can have as many oscilators as you like. So you can bundle a stack of 7 together and then bounce it.. reloop.. and there you go ..

Much fatter then a virus.. and far more unique souding.. as the eps16+ charecter is one of the best..

Also the EPS16+ has much better FX's then the virus as well.. I prefer them..

Big bonus is the massive learning curve involved to learn the EPS16 or the ASR10..

That keeps it nice and safe for the pro's................While all you ametures Can only handle somthing if it has a big (k)nob to play with...
Old 21.10.2009, 05:00 AM
Pro
Pro

I think you are on the wrong forum.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 21.10.2009, 05:50 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Mr Snowby is right, you know. What were we thinking, getting so worked up about these pale modern imitations of real 90s musicmakers? I for one am thoroughly convinced by Mr Snowby's closely argued assertion, and intend to trade in my sadly amateurish TI toot sweet. Mind you, I'd be embarrassed to ask more than £10 and a bag of lemon sherbets for it, so worthless does it now seem in the light of these revelations. Please PM me with offers in the region
Old 21.10.2009, 06:26 AM
Banned
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie View Post
Mr Snowby is right, you know. What were we thinking, getting so worked up about these pale modern imitations of real 90s musicmakers? I for one am thoroughly convinced by Mr Snowby's closely argued assertion, and intend to trade in my sadly amateurish TI toot sweet. Mind you, I'd be embarrassed to ask more than £10 and a bag of lemon sherbets for it, so worthless does it now seem in the light of these revelations. Please PM me with offers in the region

The funny thing is... Im actually right...

Tho i admit to being a bit over zealous about the ASR10.. Its basically true of any sampler..

Theres 2 kinds of synth.. analog and digital.. (yes this is correct.. try finding a grain table hardware synth that is'nt anlalog or digital before you celver reply)..

With this established lets move forward..

Basically EPS16 does every thing a virus does.. all you need to know..

Did you know ASR10 even has Transwaves.. (ensoniq version of wave tables) only you can make your own!..

But really you can use any sampler.. and if you map out the samples correctly and layer up your sounds, the only difference is the minimal differnce of the filters..

And it is pretty minimal.. after listening to the kind of noizes this board makes in the sound design section..

Plz do not dare to say you are able to hear the difference in somthing as sublte as filter quality..

And hyperthetically speaking if this were true (wich its not) then why do your recordings sound like drinking bleach?
Old 21.10.2009, 07:53 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Snowby View Post
The funny thing is... Basically EPS16 does every thing a virus does..
The funny thing is ... that basically every synth does about the same - it makes a sound or sounds
I would comment this that with analogue approach you generally get smooth and meaningful sound through all note range, but with sampler/rompler you get smooth sound only in one or two octaves if you don't multisample for each octave separately. So to me analoge sounds more expressive by default. Yes, korg M3 sampler/rompler is also expressive enough now. Also with sample based approach you clone copy and modify so you basically get more precise result if you need it, analogue modelling approach is welcome if you don't need a copy of particular sound, but you want to experiment and achieve something different. I use both paths equally, but generally relay on modelling; sampler/rompler finds its usage only if I need effortless acoustic sounds.
Old 21.10.2009, 08:29 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Thumbs down

If I was smart enough (or pro enough) to make a poll, I would, and then I'd vote for Toby Snowby to be banished to the depths of the intarweb where he can no longer bother anyone with his blasphemy.
Old 21.10.2009, 10:15 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Seriously Snowby, for what useful reason would you come here to pull this thread on us? And you still wonder why your girlfriend dumped you...
Old 21.10.2009, 10:21 AM
New here

wheres this going toby >?whats the point ?>a synths is no mathc for a sampler ? yes for certain things ? no for certain others ? seriously is this like braindead wednesday ?a 303 is no match for a jupiter 8 and vice versa , a boat is no match for a car ? a plane is no match for a snow mobile ? whata pointless thing to write

[quote=Toby Snowby;293914]Its true..

Those Virtual analogs are ok, but id rather take a nice sampler for sound design.
Old 21.10.2009, 10:44 AM
Pro
Pro

Do you even own a Virus? If so, and you are so disgruntled, why not just sell it? No one put a gun to your head to make you buy it, keep it, or use it.

"Plz do not dare to say you are able to hear the difference in somthing as sublte as filter quality.."

Filter quality is half the reason people fork out cash for high quality analog or VA synths.

And also, lets hear your recordings if suzzys sound like drinking bleach?

Maybe instead of fucking around with samplers you could go back to school and learn to spell?

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 21.10.2009, 12:35 PM
New here

i am really confused as to how we can compare machines in such a generic way ?

a monome is no match for a piano ? a jd800 is no match for a moog ? a virus is no match for a violin ? a sampler and a virus are entirely different machines and both are well suited to certain applications , one cannot replace the other and its utter rubbish to kind of make these sweeping remarks isnt it ? it shows how narrow your music must be if you think and eps16 can 'do it all ' , the virus cant do it all either and yes the eps16 is a superb sampler and also resynthesis tool but jesus have a think about what your saying.

[quote=feedingear;293931]Do you even own a Virus? If so, and you are so disgruntled, why not just sell it? No one put a gun to your head to make you buy it, keep it, or use it.
Closed Thread