Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.12.2012, 08:57 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default OS5.0.2 out now!

Well its been over a year in the making but 5.0.2 is officially out. At last I can mess around with the new features. Gonna load it on tonight, fingers crossed they haven't screwed it up.
Old 20.12.2012, 03:21 AM
Am starting to like this forum

What's your experience so far Berni? I can't seem to get to Access's website... perhaps down ATM.
Old 20.12.2012, 04:27 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Downloaded it & installed with no problem. Had to do some other stuff tonight but will test it out tomorrow with live & pro tools.
Old 22.12.2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

So I had a little time this evening to check out the new OS due to the fact the world did not end I turned on the virus with the new OS installed & then I booted up Pro tools...no sound out of my DAW, WTF. After messing around for some time I went into my hardware set up & discovered that the virus had now taken over my main outputs for some unknown reason. So I switched them back to the ones I always use & rebooted my system. So now I use a blank session with only the TI on an instrument channel. I insert the plug in & now because it is a new OS it has to sync the synth which took 45 minutes...Already I have spent an hour & a half on this upgrade & I still have not heard a peep out of the synth!
I am usually optimistic when it comes to upgrades but access just seem to be going backwards. It is still as flaky as it ever was if not more so with the usual issues...bad sync, latency, crackles, pops etc... I'm going back to 4.3 which is far from perfect but at least usuable. What a let down after all this time.
Old 22.12.2012, 05:47 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Hmm... Thanks for the response Berni. Seems that this latest OS is not being talked about as much even on their own forums. I'm gonna hold off till I finish up some of my projects before doing my own tests.

Anyone use it in Cubase 7 PC yet...???
Old 22.12.2012, 08:27 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Hmm... Thanks for the response Berni. Seems that this latest OS is not being talked about as much even on their own forums. I'm gonna hold off till I finish up some of my projects before doing my own tests.

Anyone use it in Cubase 7 PC yet...???
I wish I had been that smart. I'm gonna try it out in Live over the weekend to see if the vst is any better. I usually have more luck with that. If not I'm just going to roll back...AGAIN! Whats really annoying is there are loads of new patches available for 5 on access's site & they sound incredible. I'm really hoping the vst version works better.
Old 25.12.2012, 12:52 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I wish I had been that smart. I'm gonna try it out in Live over the weekend to see if the vst is any better. I usually have more luck with that. If not I'm just going to roll back...AGAIN! Whats really annoying is there are loads of new patches available for 5 on access's site & they sound incredible. I'm really hoping the vst version works better.
Perhaps Pro Tools is the fly in your ointment rather than other way around? I have ditched ProTools and happy learning REAPER as it's an DAW that you can tell and make it work way you do. Full-featured and an incredibly supportive and friendly support community, whereas I came across way too many self-righteous elitist among AVID community and AVID itself conveys same unfriendliness. My two cents and Merry Christmas!
Old 25.12.2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Perhaps Pro Tools is the fly in your ointment rather than other way around? I have ditched ProTools and happy learning REAPER as it's an DAW that you can tell and make it work way you do. Full-featured and an incredibly supportive and friendly support community, whereas I came across way too many self-righteous elitist among AVID community and AVID itself conveys same unfriendliness. My two cents and Merry Christmas!
Yeah you are probably right, the DAW that the plug in is supposed to work in is the problem. The fact that every other RTAS plug in I have works with it flawlessly is something of a mystery, Lol. Nothing has changed with OS5 trust me, its still the same piece of crap software that it has always been. Access are just trying to put lip stick on a pig as I said a while back...
Old 26.12.2012, 01:53 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

What I want to know is what DAW does the Virus software work well in? My limited experience with VC was several years ago, and was limited to VST in FLStudio (I have Logic Pro on Mac now, but didn't at that time). It would be hard to blame FLS when it has such good compatibility with VST plugins in general.

So, does anyone use the software regularly in a DAW where it just works, without lots of bugs, latency and fiddly issues and if so, which one on what platform?

It seems that most of the folks in this forum that are happy with the Virus tend to have models that are before the TI series, or are otherwise not very dependent of the Virus software and DAW for workflow, and everyone who bought the Virus for the USB integration (myself included) make up the disgruntled crowd.

So, my question is more for those using total integration successfully.
Old 26.12.2012, 12:59 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
So, my question is more for those using total integration successfully.
As of now, I've had good luck with Ableton Live 8 running on a MacMini with OS 10.6.8. That wasn't always the case. A few years back I was having terrible MIDI sync/timing issues and my aprs were all over the place. Then I was on the same computer but I was running Live 7 and maybe TI OS 3? One day it just "fixed itself"? I don't know what happened but I was getting ready to record an example of how sloppy the sync was and it just started working fine.

Things seem to be working for me with OS 5 (for now).