Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 23.02.2006, 08:38 PM
This forum member lives here

Default TURNKEY SYNTH PRICES

Wtf is up with Turnkey's pricing policy? Nord 2x keyboard were listed at ?650 5 months ago...then it went upto ?750....then ?1029....now its back down to ?999

DSI MEK is way overpriced in comparison to American Prices......

Why isnt there consitency anymore?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 23.02.2006, 08:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul
Default Re: TURNKEY SYNTH PRICES

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Wtf is up with Turnkey's pricing policy? Nord 2x keyboard were listed at ?650 5 months ago...then it went upto ?750....then ?1029....now its back down to ?999

DSI MEK is way overpriced in comparison to American Prices......
Ive just about given up with the oddness of UK prices on some gear - Im kind of resigned to if company x is intent on ripping off europeans then screw them - I find something else until they get sensible

I was vaguely interested in the Alesis fusion when I found out the US street price ($1699 for the 6HD) then horror set in when the UK prices started to appear, initialy 1799, then since Ive seen 1349 which is still high. It should be around 1200 or so at most.

Another one is the MachineDrum - 954 at DV, 750 or so direct from Elektron, or even other large online euro retailers.

Biggest (pleasent) suprise this year is the Radias - I expected that to be a major rip off over here.

With turnkey - have a look around other stores in europe on the net - they will match prices if you pester them about it. I was going to try that for the MD, but couldnt be arsed to wait for them to order it in when Elekton allready had the best price (shame it aint arriving until next tues - Grrrr). I got a good price match on my Yamaha i88x from them.
Old 23.02.2006, 11:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I do a similar thing. Find cheapest price in Europe (sometimes Thomann or other.) Get turnkey to pricematch it, then email turnkeys quote to Digital Village and get them to price beat that. Works every time. I Love my new BM15a's for ?1325

ten
Old 24.02.2006, 06:58 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Couple fo weeks ago I was looking for an AEB-8I for my RME soudcard.

I ended up buying one online at Digital Village. A week later I was told it would be delayed as they had no stock. I cancelled the order and rang one of their stores, they said they could get one for me. WHen they asked me to go online and confirm the name of the product I noticed the same item was on their website twice (at ?198 and ?12 so I asked for the ?128 version (exactly the same!).

They said no problem and that they had some in stock.

Some of these places have separate stock management and sales infrastructures between their online shops and real stores...
Old 28.02.2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I do a similar thing. Find cheapest price in Europe (sometimes Thomann or other.) Get turnkey to pricematch it, then email turnkeys quote to Digital Village and get them to price beat that. Works every time. I Love my new BM15a's for ?1325

ten
haha quality

I'll try that!