Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.01.2010, 11:38 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus Freeze Overload / White Noise Blast

I have had my Snow TI now for around 1 year and I love it – It is my go to synth and probably my favorite piece of gear. While I have thoroughly enjoyed its sound I have run into a unique problem for which I cannot find the answer to on any forums so far. The problem has occurred around 7 times and is starting to scare myself and my ears. It started shortly after I installed my Snow TI. While running playback in Logic 8 (and now 9) all of a sudden the snow channel “hangs up” or stalls, hits max volume level in my DAW channel and fills the speakers with white noise as loud as my speakers can go. I then restart logic and everything is back to normal. I am only running once instance out of the four allotted. I have diagnosed the problem every which way and have determined it must be the snow. I have switched soundcards, wires, etc and have still run into the same problem. I have setup everything correctly as instructed and am running the latest versions on all of my equipment. I was wondering if anyone had experience a similar issue and or had any ideas on how to fix it. It has become very worrisome to myself because the sound is full blast loud of white noise and makes me jump and freak out (its quite loud on my Mackie HR824s). Any idea on the root of the problem? I can provide more info if needed and here is the list of my equipment. I am also running the snow thru USB not the audio.

Mac Pro 8 Core
Leopard
Logic 9 (happened on logic 8 as well)
Toneport UX2 Soundcard
Mackie 824
Balanced cables
Snow TI 3.1
Thanks a lot for the help!

Best

Matt