Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.02.2010, 05:32 PM
New here
New here

Exclamation Sound Crash

I just got my virus ti2 keyoard two days ago from the store, installed it, updated the OS (which is had a couple of problems with it at the beginning but i managed to do it eventually)
start tweakin the knobs to the desired sound, add some delay, and adjust the filter started to play and sudently the sound crashed, i was starting to hear this cutted sound like when you turn on a mixer connected to a monitor and than sudently the sound came back and than again crashed and came back 3 secs after.
i called the store and asked them about they asked me if the edit function is active, it wasnt and thats what i told them, i asked them if such things happen with the virus they told me that not and to bring the instrument for chack out. the only problem is that the store is in another city and i cant go there by myself now cause i dont have any way to carry it at the moment.
so i wanted to ask if anyone had this problem and if so \ know why its hapenning or is it some kind of defekt in the product \ production line than please help. thanks.

BTW i tried to create another sound and the same thing happend only that in this time it crashed for longer time, i re adjusted the filter to full frequency and after a couple try outs the sound came back.

EDIT*
i did another chack and it happend sooner, like its some kind of chip failer \ damaged while it was transported from germany.
also some of the keys are not allign straight to each other, some are lower and some higher, like it got hit by something or someone droped the box and damaged it.

Last edited by dj_omer_cohen : 12.02.2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11.02.2010, 07:04 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

It shouldnt be doing that, maybe you could try listening through the headphones to make sure it isnt any other gear. But I would definantly do whatever it takes to get it replaced, no sense in spending all that money and not having a 100% functional bit of kit.
Old 11.02.2010, 07:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_omer_cohen View Post
I just got my virus ti2 keyoard two days ago from the store, installed it, updated the OS (which is had a couple of problems with it at the beginning but i managed to do it eventually)
start tweakin the knobs to the desired sound, add some delay, and adjust the filter started to play and sudently the sound crashed, i was starting to hear this cutted sound like when you turn on a mixer connected to a monitor and than sudently the sound came back and than again crashed and came back 3 secs after.
i called the store and asked them about they asked me if the edit function is active, it wasnt and thats what i told them, i asked them if such things happen with the virus they told me that not and to bring the instrument for chack out. the only problem is that the store is in another city and i cant go there by myself now cause i dont have any way to carry it at the moment.
so i wanted to ask if anyone had this problem and if so \ know why its hapenning or is it some kind of defekt in the product \ production line than please help. thanks.

BTW i tried to create another sound and the same thing happend only that in this time it crashed for longer time, i re adjusted the filter to full frequency and after a couple try outs the sound came back.
which OS version does the virus report when you switch it on?

marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 11.02.2010, 11:37 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
It shouldnt be doing that, maybe you could try listening through the headphones to make sure it isnt any other gear. But I would definantly do whatever it takes to get it replaced, no sense in spending all that money and not having a 100% functional bit of kit.
yes i would like to replace it soon, thanks.
Old 11.02.2010, 11:50 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
which OS version does the virus report when you switch it on?

marc
*i had problems when i installed the driver \software and updated it, it got stuck 2 times and i had to figuer out by myself how to fix it. it got stuck on "usb connection or update or something - mod.
eventually when i updated it with the virus control center it got fixed, i also had problems with that, it got stuck as well so i had to re install it. i think that it was related to me touching the virus keyboard without notice and that it caused an some kind of interruption that cause it to stuck , but still i dont think that it should be like that. I suspect that there is an internal defekt - it also came with one keyboard note lower than the others, like it was packed with negligence. when i opened the box the first thing i saw was that the nylon that wrap it is holding \ creates pressure on the last note on the keyboard and thats what caused it.

also i noticed that the second ocillator sounds less sharp than the others
maybe also ocillator 3

Last edited by dj_omer_cohen : 12.02.2010 at 10:34 AM.