Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.06.2005, 04:30 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default Ben Cr.?THE VIRUS TI EDITOR AND ITS FUNCTION???(important??)

well,

As far as i can make out from reading the few posts about the editor, it seems that this is what is causing the delay.

I therefore have started a new thread, hopefully so that BEN and MARC can give us some insights as to what is coming out as far as the software editor side of the TI is concerned.

There was also a COMMENTs ABOUT IN OTHER THREADS, - it being stand-alone and it not being stand-alone.

If they are trying to get it to fit in with LOGIC, Cubase and the rest.
crikees with my limited experience in music technology it might!!!!!!!!! mean heaps and heaps of upgrading in the future.

I for instance use LOGIC 5.5 on PC, simply because I bought the stuff before the bad news from APPLE.

I also love the color and the design of the 5.5 interface, and find it fantastic to work with, as it is perfect on the eye , so as not to distract one at all from music composition. I much prefer it to Logic 7 although the new features of it (7)are phenomenal. I just wished they hadnt changed the great look (just my opinion).
Anyway I am hoping that ACCESS are not writing the software for just mcintosh LOGIC. i am in real shit there IF THATS THE CASE.

Cant work out why it cant be stand-alone. oh boy I could be in financial trouble if this is the case.

also what about the not so famous sequencer packages out there. will they be useless for the awesome TI.

cant believe how good the demos are.
i believe the TI could be a huge seller. just wish it could make an editor which is stand-alone. maybe MIDIQUEST might come up with one.

(Every thing I have wrote is from a guy who is at the beginnings of trying to work out how all this works, so I might have written uninformed stuff here)
Old 06.06.2005, 07:49 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

im guessing the logic version will be AU,pc logic does support au doesnt it?
Old 06.06.2005, 09:23 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

AU is MAC only.

Best,
midi.
Old 06.06.2005, 12:20 PM

I truly doubt that they will offer support for older PC versions of Logic.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 06.06.2005, 03:52 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Ben basically said in the other thread that the editor is not a stand alone. I can't quite understand why they decide to make host only either since Soundiver was stand alone. Maybe once we get our hands on it, we'll understand a bit better.
Old 06.06.2005, 05:06 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to torpor

some points:

a: the plugin is vst on PC, and vst+au on Mac.
b: even plugins can be run standalone with 'hosting environments', thus alleviating the need to write a 'standalone' version of the editor. an example hosting app (for mac, dunno for PC) is AULab..
c: the reason this is cool is that plugins can be strung together... so now the TI enters that mix, directly.
d: the TI rocks.

access-list: http://www.ampfea.org/mailman/listinfo/access-list
Old 06.06.2005, 05:09 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

THIS IS what is written in the VIRUS TI manual - available on-line.

Quote:
System Requirements::::::

The VirusControl plug-in is available for the MAC (AS audio Unit or VST instrument) as well as for the Windows PC platform (as VSTi). There are no specific system requirements: VirusControl should run within any professional host program.
As long as the host programs runs smoothly, so will VirusControl
i hope that means that LOGIC 5.5 for PC users will have no problems.

hope not!!!!!!!!. cant see how they can make just specific software editors for specific sequencer programs.

there are a number of sequencers out there and they surely couldnt keep up with sequencer development for even just APPLE LOGIC, CUBASE and a few more of the favorites. crikees they couldnt get the first attempt right.

so i hope it is a simple VSTi plug in.

gees i hope ben or marc can reply on this soon
Old 06.06.2005, 05:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran

As Logic for PC was discontinued quite some time ago now you can bet Access will not be supporting the TI software on it at all (I personally doubt it will run on it anyway, 5.5 was crap)

If you are seriously planning on running the TI with logic on a PC I would prepare yourself to be extremely disapointed and/or pissed off.

I hope this is not the case and maybe someone from Access could confirm it, again though I very much doubt you will see the TI working on Logic for PC at all, ever.

ten
Old 06.06.2005, 06:33 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

actually, all this lack of information about everything to do with the TI is starting to hurt. i was going to originally buy ACCESS VIRUS C but decided to get the fabulous TI WHICH IS C PLUS ALL THE REST.

it was going to be the main compositional tool in my set up. now i am just in pain, not knowing what to do.

it just hit me then - we are in JUNE and thats heaps more months before a release of my music can happen.

my goodness i hope it comes out real soon. and i certainly hope it works with LOGIC 5.5 on PC.
Old 06.06.2005, 07:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Stop panicking! The Control will work with Logic 5.5 on the PC

It will also work with Fruity Loops and Ableton Live.

If you want a simple host on the PC, try Audiomulch. I use this quite a lot as one of my test environments, and there is almost always a free beta version available for download.

Whilst the Control currently doesn't work as a standalone, this doesn't mean never will.