Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 23.03.2005, 05:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight
Default (unresolved) Performance Volume Issues

hey, Im new to this forum (this is my first post). I bought a Virus KC about 5 months ago (my first synth) and have been happily programming since.

Lately, Ive been running into trouble handling the volume of my patches... especially when I use the rectifier distortion (at max) alongside a LP filter with resonance somewhere around 50 to 64... I get these gigantic ripping sounds, but when I do cutoff sweeps the sounds have ridiculously unreasonable volume shifts.

I intend to perform with these patches live and I would like to know how you people would recommend I can tame the volume levels (and save the audience and the sound guy!)

If there is someway to change these other than manually adjusting the volumes (like some sort of limiting pedal or something like that) I would really appreciate any suggestions which you guys have!

Thanks!

-BlakeLight
Old 23.03.2005, 05:17 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

modulate the Osc volume.
Old 26.03.2005, 01:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight

Modulating the volume wouldnt do anything... this is somethign that occurs when I perform with the thing (I dont sequence it)... so its not something tha I could control with some form of sequenced MIDI data like I think youre suggesting...

I have a few recordings of what Im talking about... are there any sites that you would recommend that I could post my stuff on? (I live in the US if that affects anything?) Thanks!