Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.05.2009, 11:20 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

yes, i agree it is a powerful synth. however, it's frustrating that with all this power, it definitely does noticeably seem strained when performing the tasks it has been supposedly designed to do, at least if one is to believe the marketing/press material. as a result, one does certainly get the impression that the synth is underpowered. simply put, if it can't do what Access says it can do, then we as consumers have every right to hold them to it.

another hugely frustrating thing is having to deal with the back and forth and "lost" tickets with support over the past 6+ months. yes, it's great that they are very personal, and do offer a good bit of insight, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels like this has been an ongoing beta-testing procedure since i bought the synth. definitely not something you expect when you plunk down the cash for a pro piece of gear.

i'm done ranting for today. still hoping for some semi-swift resolution, and not another months-long support blackout.
Old 11.05.2009, 10:24 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkeeley View Post
yes, i agree it is a powerful synth. however, it's frustrating that with all this power, it definitely does noticeably seem strained when performing the tasks it has been supposedly designed to do, at least if one is to believe the marketing/press material. as a result, one does certainly get the impression that the synth is underpowered. simply put, if it can't do what Access says it can do, then we as consumers have every right to hold them to it.

another hugely frustrating thing is having to deal with the back and forth and "lost" tickets with support over the past 6+ months. yes, it's great that they are very personal, and do offer a good bit of insight, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels like this has been an ongoing beta-testing procedure since i bought the synth. definitely not something you expect when you plunk down the cash for a pro piece of gear.

i'm done ranting for today. still hoping for some semi-swift resolution, and not another months-long support blackout.

Nah man You are more than entitled to rant. My TI Keyboard was 2800 friggin swiss franks, like 2500 USD or so. I feel absolutely raped by a product that still shoes issues 3 years after product launch.

In any future gear interviews I do, I will never say a nice thing about the practicality of the TI.
Old 12.05.2009, 07:37 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Well, new OS version today 3.0.1.15

Testing now....
Fingers Crossed....

INstalling... OS updating...
I get excited each and every OS release thinking they actually took time for this issue... trust me I doubt its fixed.

Just checking the OS log update pdf this is HILARIOUS:
"3.0.1.15 is a maintenance release and is recommended for every Virus TI owner. Audio side chaining is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase.
The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment. "

Nor should the AU version if you're doing anything remotely more than SIMPLE apparently.

Still updating, im sure you all know the drill. Ah, finally, Restarting.

Well, it's still basically the same problem.... any 3-note pluck or stab at more than 4 voice unison... and ur timing is out the window... Some notes early some late.
Here is the result, for those that don't hear a problem, listen for the sort of "strumming" effect on some of the chords. These notes arent strummed in the programming. all chords drawin in to PERFECT quantizing, and same exact note lenghts
http://www.seantyasmusic.com/access/...ptableJoke.mp3

Once again, I do wonder what their r&d is doing.

Last edited by seantyas : 12.05.2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12.05.2009, 08:41 AM
Pro
Pro

Yeah thats pretty unacceptable. I havent noticed any of those issues using VC but I am not writing trancey chordal repetitive stuff like that. Any further response? Should keep at them and get some answers.
Old 12.05.2009, 08:55 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Yeah thats pretty unacceptable. I havent noticed any of those issues using VC but I am not writing trancey chordal repetitive stuff like that. Any further response? Should keep at them and get some answers.
I have only gotten that one from almost 2 weeks back I posted a few posts back. Will of course post up any further correspondence.

Hopefully waldorf largo, with its blofeld engine, can beat the Virus. Then I am more than happy to be rid of this thing.

NOTE EDIT:: Just tested beta OS 3.0.2 now as well.

NOPE! no fix still

Last edited by seantyas : 12.05.2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 14.05.2009, 04:13 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Anyone very familiar with the components used to make these??? My new thought is that.... possibly.... do you think they could have switched a component in the build process at some point?

I have , in the last 2 weeks, found 2 other friends (one using ableton and one with Logic , who are NOT showing signs of the problem.

This gets more interesting all the time.

Just like a PC or mac with problems that are excluded from another group's problems, that can point to an actual component differing from the rest.

Anyone else think theres a small chance this can be the reason?
Old 14.05.2009, 02:59 PM
Complete Newbie

you might be on to something there Sean, although i have no idea how to determine if such is actually true. i'm a bit weary of posting serial #'s but i'd be very curious to see if there's some sort of correlation there.

incidentally, being that access support has (finally) been able to replicate my midi timing issue, i'm thinking that any previous inability to replicate is likely less of a hardware-revision issue and more of a case of them saying the equivalent of "lalala we can't hear you, you'll have to speak up". hence, the strength in numbers philosophy of this very forum.

of course, all speculation here, but this whole process is certainly taking its toll on my patience. i just realized it's been a couple of weeks since i last heard form support. i think i'll "check-in" with them again and see if there has been any progress. will post any developments.
Old 14.05.2009, 05:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie

It was good that I got the extra users' bounces, definitely. I think once they see they cannot blame the system (5 systems in different countries is definitely difficult)... something must be done
Old 01.06.2009, 12:51 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Any updates on this...be keen to see what has been said since as I believe I am having similar issues with regard to midi latency.

Virus-TI2 KB, Powercore compact, Intel i7 Quad Core on Gamers republic mobo (Nvidia Chipset), 4Gb Ram, 250Gb Sata, Windows Vista x32 SP1.

Ableton Live 8.04
Old 10.06.2009, 07:32 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Yes there was an update:

according to them it is not the #1 priority issue. Though it is hard to see what could be worse than a 3 year old note timing problem.

They assured me its very high on the list though, and they apologized. for the first time.