Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.04.2008, 02:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default TI os 2.7 Lovely PROBLEMS after install

After a seemingly perfect install of OS 2.7, I launch my logic studio 8, and all the sudden to my mac osx MIDI SERVICES are unavailable according to an error popup. And the TI refuses to acknowledge being connected to the mac..

Please tell me someone else has come up against this same oddity
Old 25.04.2008, 07:44 PM
New here
New here

Actually I had this problem. I have had similar problems on and off since I bought a Novation Remote SL. Since I installed the very latest version of OS 2.7 I can't have the Remote connected without getting that same Midi message. I also get a Midi conflict error and Logic crashes. Plus I cannot start the Midi server at all. So I've disconnected the Remote SL for the time being and the problem's gone away.

I'm not sure how hopeful my reply is, especially if you don't have a Remote SL, but I didn't have the same problem with the original version of 2.7 that I downloaded last week when I first got my Snow.
Old 25.04.2008, 08:29 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Hi Sean,
were you getting this same error with 2.5.1 or did it only start happening when you upgraded to the beta?
Old 27.04.2008, 08:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

i've seen this myself a couple of times and a reboot after the reboot which happens after install always helps. i know that sounds weird but it worked for me.

marc
Old 28.04.2008, 09:37 AM
Very mucho Newbie

its only appeared with 2.7... for what its worth, i am now testing an install again, but this time will REMOVE the TI SNOW plugin (because for some reason it installs a SNOW and a normal TI thing) could it be somethign to do with the fact that the SNOW CONTROL will be 4 part as opposed to the virus TI normal one which is 16??? i have the virus TI keyboard, so im wondering if thats it

edit: NOPE, that wasnt it, nd switching btwn my old Virus TI or Snow plugins in my components folder isnt cutting it either.

Last edited by seantyas : 28.04.2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 28.04.2008, 11:27 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantyas View Post
its only appeared with 2.7... for what its worth, i am now testing an install again, but this time will REMOVE the TI SNOW plugin (because for some reason it installs a SNOW and a normal TI thing) could it be somethign to do with the fact that the SNOW CONTROL will be 4 part as opposed to the virus TI normal one which is 16??? i have the virus TI keyboard, so im wondering if thats it

edit: NOPE, that wasnt it, nd switching btwn my old Virus TI or Snow plugins in my components folder isnt cutting it either.
both, a plug-in for the snow and one for the rest of the TI family are being installed by default. please DONT remove components, you don't have to. if the midi message persists to pop up after an additional reboot you need to trouble shoot your system.

m
Old 28.04.2008, 11:46 AM
Very mucho Newbie

yep, as much as I hate to say it, doing the ultimate troubleshooting now. Backup & Reformat Oh the joys
Old 28.04.2008, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantyas View Post
yep, as much as I hate to say it, doing the ultimate troubleshooting now. Backup & Reformat Oh the joys
backup and reformat? i haven't done that in years - sounds a little drastic to me but anyway, let us know how it behaves afterwards ...

marc
Old 01.05.2008, 07:23 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via Yahoo to Risey

Hi, i have been having
A similar problem in pro tools, pro tools wouldn’t load up and hung once it tried to load the SNOW plugin, I have the VIRUS TI Keybord. I uninstalled re installed etc, I have now gone back to the original OS from the cd that came with virus and everything is working fine. Support have been informed about this problem which includes my error message screen pics, they replied and said there looking into it.

HERE IS THE ERROR MESSAGE:
Could not compete your request because the specified procedure could not be found (127) while looking up symbol “_PI_GetRoutineDescriptor” in Virus TI snow.dpm
Old 05.05.2008, 09:09 PM
New here
New here

I have the same problems on a mac. Installed 2.7OS but after that Ableton Live (7) doesn't recognize my Virus TI, tried to re-intall the (virus) OS but this didn't made any difference. Help me out!