Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.09.2019, 05:00 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Unhappy TI Legacy

So it has been nearly 2 years since access updated the Virus TI software which is a helluva long time. Have access abandoned the Virus altogether now? as it certainly seems like it considering all my other plug-in's have recieved timely updates as has my DAW and even my mac's OS.
They are still selling them (although I think you would be mad to buy one now) so why no updates?
Pull your finger out access!
Old 22.09.2019, 06:46 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Recently looked back and noted the original TI|1 was released 2005, with the Ti|2 refresh in 2009, so the Ti|2 is now a decade old.

The last full feature update (TI OS v5) was released December 2012, seven years ago now. Since then the synth has only received bug-fix updates, no additional features.

The Kemper Profiler amp updates still seem to be pretty prolific, OS 7 was released this month (Sep 2019) and shows no sign of stopping. Who knows if the Profiler is also nearing the end of its own hardware cycle and a theoretical Profiler II could reset everything yet again.

Noted Christoph's response to a question on the Virus just over a year ago (NAMM early Feb 2018):

Interviewer: "Is the Access Virus going to evolve, what's going on with the Virus?"
Christoph: "Well, actually, there's not too much development going into the Virus thesedays..."
Interviewer: "Because it's kinda perfect?"
Christoph: "...err, yeah, in a way it's kinda perfect, at the moment I must admit we put most efforts of the company on our new product range for the guitar player, which is the Profiler, but I can/can't see, not in the near future but maybe a bit later we will also put some more effort again into the keyboards."

Given the renaissance of analogue-esque synths released the last few years, both hardware and software, I'd've thought there would be bags of enthusiasm for a new Virus. I guess the Profiler being unique and having less competition with a large guitar-oriented target audience equates to a greater return.
Old 23.09.2019, 12:26 PM

I feel like the Waldorf Kyra is going to usher in a new generation of much more powerful FPGA based VA synths which might change the landscape for Kemper. Unless he is secretly updating his coding skills in this arena, or be willing to spearhead an acquisition of a smaller company that already has the skills, I think he may have trouble moving Virus units at the current price point.
Old 23.09.2019, 08:42 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

TBH I am not bothered about new features I just want it to run reliably with current OS's and DAW's and without any updates that is not going to happen. I am already experiencing sync and timing issue's that where not present a few years ago.
Old 30.09.2019, 08:08 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
TBH I am not bothered about new features I just want it to run reliably with current OS's and DAW's and without any updates that is not going to happen. I am already experiencing sync and timing issue's that where not present a few years ago.
Likewise.

Just fix the buffer settings.
Make a scaleable GUI.
If possible add 2+ more outputs via USB (Might be hardware limited)
Improve the Arpeggiator a little and we're good!