Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 20.04.2020, 11:44 PM
New here
New here

Default How to Configure Second like Synth to Double the Polyphony (Radias as one example)

Although this is about doubling the polyphony of any given synth, I would like to use the Radias as the example - if this is even possible within the context of practical application.

I have 2 Radias machines and want to configure 2 layouts: one for each operating as separate devices, secondly, having a configuration where I would be able to boost 24 voice +24 voice to give a 48 voice polyphony.

One way is to map the keyboard as a split - the problem with this layout, is the keys which would overlap the split zone would have only the 24 voice, thus voice fall out. I am thinking, trying to get 48 voice out of these two machines can not be done as each device is designed for 24 voice max. Possibly mapping using CC may work.

The objective is to avoid clipping of notes when too many notes are being played.
Old 28.04.2020, 07:23 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat22 View Post
Although this is about doubling the polyphony of any given synth, I would like to use the Radias as the example - if this is even possible within the context of practical application.

I have 2 Radias machines and want to configure 2 layouts: one for each operating as separate devices, secondly, having a configuration where I would be able to boost 24 voice +24 voice to give a 48 voice polyphony.

One way is to map the keyboard as a split - the problem with this layout, is the keys which would overlap the split zone would have only the 24 voice, thus voice fall out. I am thinking, trying to get 48 voice out of these two machines can not be done as each device is designed for 24 voice max. Possibly mapping using CC may work.

The objective is to avoid clipping of notes when too many notes are being played.
Does the Radius support polychaining?
Old 02.07.2020, 02:28 AM

I saw recently that some US based Linux company (as if anyone cares about Linux) just abandoned the term "Master/Slave" in their source code in the wave of political correctness that is sweeping the US right now. They will spend a few tens of millions of dollars correcting this semantic horror that has been plaguing society, and surely pass that cost on to the Linux community going forward.

Along those lines I thought about this thread, because I will be adding a Korg Minilogue XD to my setup soon, which can be poly-chained to same for an 8 voice poly... only problem is, the menus fo refer to the setup as "Master and Slave". What sort of massive hardware recall will this involve

And does that mean that the classic Depeche Mode song "Master and Servant" (which by the way has absolutely nothing to do with race) must now be banished from the planet because it portrays an idea, that however far linked could be conveyed by some portion of the population to something offiensive?

And if so, doesn't that mean it's time for aliens to nuke our planet, call us a catastrophic loss, and start over?