Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.06.2009, 07:18 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Transfer exactly one patch physically to the virus (snow)

As you all know the maintaining of patches is the most mysterious thing of the virus. In general there is no need to bring a patch physically to the virus. The only reason is to use the virus without a pc and virus control (maybe for live sessions etc.).

I mainly arrange songs in a sequencer by setting all notes via mouse, no problem so far. But sometimes I just want to play the virus with my keyboard. Its possible, but I have to much latency to do it via VST plugin.

So what I am search for is a way to pre-hear a patch via Virus Control and when I want to do a keyboard/midi session with it, store exactly this patch at a certain configurable position at one of my 8 RAM banks (of the snow). After that I switch the virus snow from sequencer to single mode, and control it via midi from my keyboard.

So whats the easiest way to do that?
I found out that I can store a patch in VC at the harddisc with the format (*.fxp), but I don't think that I can bring the file to the virus directly. It looks like it is not possible via Virus Control. And I think only whole banks can be transfered by Virus Control Center.

So I have no idea, now. It should not be more that 3-5 actions to do that, otherwise it is not appropriate. Is there a way?
Old 13.06.2009, 10:32 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Hello guys,

now one can answer my question?

So I assume the one of the following:

a) the answer is that simple so everyone thinks "he should find out himself"
b) there is no easy way to do what I asked for

Could you please give me a hint (a/b)?

Thanks.
Old 13.06.2009, 12:15 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

You can dump SysEx info onto seq. program.Then when you play along the track, it will transmit back to the Virus and change all the parameters. You can then save it to any patch.
As for VC, i don't know as i don't use much. And whether tranferring from Seq to Single mode, i have to investigate.
Old 13.06.2009, 05:15 PM
Infektion taking hold...

With the right setup you can play keyboard without noticeble latancy when using VC. I think the manual explains it as wel.
goodluck
Old 13.06.2009, 10:19 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

The answer is 'a'. It is easy. Assuming I understood you right do the following: In VC go to the browser and open the Ram bank you want to store the patch in and also open the Ram or ROM bank where the patch is in you want to move. Now click on the patch and drag it over to the Ram bank and drop it on the position want (for example Ram A 27)
Old 21.06.2009, 11:04 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Thank you guys.

Although I did not unterstood all your comments, you inspired me to just do are real simple thing:

After I have selected a patch via VC which I want to have fix on the virus (snow), I just tried to use the STORE menu at the virus (snow) itself. Because when controlling the virus (snow) over VC the patches are no more displayed like RAM-1-1-1 but just as LIB, I never thought I can use menu functions at the virus (snow) directly, BUT it works. I can store that patch anywhere at my physical RAM banks.

I will additionally check the latency thing.
Old 21.06.2009, 11:15 AM
Infektion taking hold...

@Matariki

Just found out that your instruction works and is 100times easier. First I though I had tried what you have said already some times ago and the result was a exchange of the patches (which I don't want). But it looks like that VC knows when I drag&drop a patch to the real RAM banks and to a replace instead of a exchange.

It's so simple (I am embarrassed).
Old 21.06.2009, 07:12 PM
Am starting to like this forum

fxp is the file extension for an FL studio preset. Don't save your virus presets via the FL studio VST plugin frame, save them from the actual virus control plugin.