Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.09.2003, 05:14 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default automating parameters of diff multi parts SIMULTANEOUSLY

hi,

I am still very new with the virus C and trying to get comforatble with it in logic 5.5. I downloaded the virusC enviroment for LOGIC from the access site which is wonderful.

my questions is this.... as the instructions say, there is one environment, VIRUS C SINGLE and VIRUS C MULTI.... I created 16 different instruments in the arrange page under VIRUS MULTI and i can get 16 sounds to play together just fine...

The problem is when i want to automate say, a filter of multi part 5.... i don't think that is possible the way the environment is set up, since there is only 1 VIRUS C SINGLE page, that filter can only control one channel at a time....

so what i tried was this, i imported 16 different VIRUS C SINGLE pages, and when i go to check the icon box in the enviroment for say "cutoff filter" under "VIRUS C SINGLE" that goes with multi part 5, i would assign that cutoff to channel 5. I thought this would work, however, whenever i change the cutoff on any of the 16 "virus single" pages, it always controls channel 1 even after i assigned the cutoff to a different channel. No matter what channel i assign, it always controls multi part 1 (midi ch 1),

so basically 2 questions...

1)how can i control parameters of diff multi parts?

2)how do i do several multi parts SIMULTANEOUSLY?

Thanks.
Old 26.09.2003, 09:41 AM
Pro
Pro

Choose Multimode

Select system / multi edit button

Scroll through this menu until you get to MIDI channel - set to MIDI channel 1, then press the part button - selecting part 2 and press the system / multi edit button again, scroll through and set MIDI channel to 2 and so on. Select your patches for each part aswell using this menu.

Now you should be able to scroll through each part using the part button and control each patch separately with the knobs e.t.c.

If you want to layer patches so they play at they play together, for example set part 1 and 2 both to MIDI channel 1. In Logic then the 2 patches will play together because they're transmitting on the same MIDI channel.

Hope this helps.