Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.10.2003, 02:14 PM
New here
New here

Default Sounddiver - cant launch it

Hi guys,

Thats my first post here, so hi to everybody. Can you help me with a tiny problem / i bought a Virus C monster last week. Everything works perfectly except the Soundiver soft attached to a CD that came with the synth.
In a folder marked Win2xxx is a file with a msi. extension, I have clicked on it and there is some installing process going onm, but after a while there is a message telling me that something went wrong. I am wondering - does access supply the free version of the Sounddiver or do i have to buy a original program from Emagic and than upgrade it with the msi. file ?
Or should I use the file posted in the download section on access pages ?

THX for any help

Marty
Old 01.10.2003, 08:29 PM
Pro
Pro

Hello Marcino and welcome,

Every virus C goes out with a copy of Soundiver. Mine is a CD in a sachet which says Saturation on it and has a picture of the Virus C. I'm not sure what file you're clicking on there, I'm pretty sure it's the wrong one. Find the CD, stick it in the drive and it should just start the install wizard for you. Failing this, I would download the one from the site. Have a look at page 39 in the Virus manual aswell, it'll tell you about Soundiver Virus.
Old 02.10.2003, 08:30 AM
New here
New here

Thanks - I finally managed to find the program - Damn it was right in the start menu - huge fckn Icon - How could I miss it .... I was looking for it in the program section.

Anyway - I have another question related to the soundiver. Yesterday I was fooling around with the knob assignments (I also have the Evolution UC33 USB controller) and one thing struck me - when I move the knobs on the controller the knobs on the screen move very slow and are "stuttering" - Now i have a medium cPU (800mhz 512 RAM) so there is no way its the computer. Do You know if the soundiver version on the access pages is newer and somehow faster>

And the second thing. When You connect the Virus ti the comp - You need to connect both the midi out an in of the Virus. Now I am also using a midi keayboard to controll the virus (desktop version). Does any of You know how to setup al those three devices ? Virus + UC33 + midi keyboard + computer ? (I have the midisport4x4)

Thanks for any help

marty
Old 03.10.2003, 09:51 AM
Pro
Pro

Hi Marcino,

Don't know why the knobs are stuttering like that, I've never used my controller with Soundiver.

I can help with your setup though:

Connect the MIDI Sport 4x4 up to your PC's USB port in the back and then:

Controller [midi out] --------- [midi in A] MIDI sport

midi sport [midi out A] ------- [midi in] Virus

Then connect audio cables from the two outputs on the back of the Virus to the input on your PC SoundCard. In the PC sequencer select MIDI out A and it will record stuff to midi (provided the midi thru button on the MIDI sport is not pressed down). If you want to hear your Virus play without the sequencer on, press the MIDI thru button.

The connections above should allow you to transmit patches from Soundiver to the Virus, but if you want to transmit your own patches from the Virus into Soundiver, you need a [MIDI out] connection from the Virus to a [MIDI in] on the midi sport.
Old 03.10.2003, 09:56 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You may have to update the Sounddiver. I think this was mentioned before. There's an update on the Access site.
Old 03.10.2003, 10:42 AM
New here
New here

That cleared a lot things, but what about the keyboard, that controlls the virus - that is my main concer - when I plug the midi in of the Virus to the midisport out, than iI wont have the virus midi in aviable for the keyboard. So - I would like to play virus from my keyboard (kurzweil k 2000vp if it helps) and at the same time controll the virus from my uc 33 controller in the Soundiver. hope it makes sense to You.

Thanks for any suggestions on this.

Marty
Old 03.10.2003, 11:41 AM
Pro
Pro

don't worry, that's how my setup using a Midi sport 2x2 works anyway.

I think the crucial thing to remember is that your Virus and controller goes into the PC and gets re-routed from there. Like you, I thought that you plug the controller directly into the virus, it would makes sense wouldn't it?
What you're doing is feeding all your modules and gear into the PC and all the various output / input routings are selected by you in your sequencer or Soundiver.
Old 03.10.2003, 12:09 PM
New here
New here

Ok - I'll just have to try different options. It always pisses me off
bu t same was applying to the vocoder - I had to fool around with it for half an hour anbd evertyhing started spinning after a while. I guess, it has to be lik that. Patience,patience.... Anyway - Tahnks a lot one more time

Peace

Marty ?Vibra Lux"