Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.02.2009, 11:38 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

No probs mate! Yes I heard you guys are melting whilst we're freezing!
It's not too bad where we are now, earlier in the week i couldn't get anywhere! But I think up north it still is like that. We are useless here. We can't cope with the heat, we cant grit roads when it's cold. I dunno - guess I should just stay in and play music
Old 07.02.2009, 11:51 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
No probs mate! Yes I heard you guys are melting whilst we're freezing!
It's not too bad where we are now, earlier in the week i couldn't get anywhere! But I think up north it still is like that. We are useless here. We can't cope with the heat, we cant grit roads when it's cold. I dunno - guess I should just stay in and play music
Today, I wished that I was still living in London... but thankfully, a cold change has just swept in... 21.7 Celsius... that's bearable!

Music always makes the problems of the world less significant... except when I am using my TI with Virus Control... Damn it...
Old 07.02.2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdebee View Post
Hmmm...

Interesting to see that my post no longer exists!
We support free speech. There were no posts deleted this end (have just checked the log, too). Maybe a submission error?

Hope Access sort the timing bugs, but really I'd try continue working with them as closely as possible, sending them everything that causes the bugs so they can try and reproduce them. Bugs are always so much easier to fix when developers can reproduce them.

I know you've already done this in the past for other issues. Did they ever get back to you that they could reproduce the arp' timing bugs?
Old 07.02.2009, 12:01 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
We support free speech. There were no posts deleted this end. Maybe a submission error?
Hey Timo,

It was definitely deleted as I made sure that it was visible after I posted. It was 1-3 posts after Joey's ( 02.02.2009, 05:21 PM)

Hmmm...

Timo, do you want more new features or for Access to fix the most blindingly problematic issues?

And do we really have an answer from Access (Marc) about the TI|2 regarding hardware changes? I think not...

I'm still quite suspicious.
Old 07.02.2009, 12:12 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
We support free speech. There were no posts deleted this end (have just checked the log, too). Maybe a submission error?

Hope Access sort the timing bugs, but really I'd try continue working with them as closely as possible, sending them everything that causes the bugs so they can try and reproduce them. Bugs are always so much easier to fix when developers can reproduce them.

I know you've already done this in the past for other issues. Did they ever get back to you that they could reproduce the arp' timing bugs?
Weird about the log not showing my post - but let's not digress any more about that.

There were many emails back and forth, but no real "yes we fixed it" from Access... just a firmware/software update about a month or so later - which did fix the note stealing, but not the timing issues. The main issues that I experienced with note stealing were duplicated by Access, but not at the same measures within the project that I supplied to them!!!

The original files that I sent to Access STILL have the Arp timing issues... the cut off note issues seem to have been sorted reasonably. That seemed to have been fixed when they made the note stealing problems more pleasant with 2.7.3 (from my failing memory)... but as I said earlier, I was not stressing the TI's DSP's at all...

I'm just getting a little tired of having these "basic" issues NOT sorted out...

Anyway, I guess it's "fingers crossed" time again?
Old 07.02.2009, 12:22 PM
Complete Newbie

I think that it is about time to give Steve a call regarding these issues (the main Virus guy here in Australia) - just wanted to not bother him as his father passed away earlier last year. The timing was most peculiar as my Mother passed away in Aug '07... The funny thing was that Steve said that he was expecting to hear from me again regarding the TI! Does he know something that we don't regarding these issues? (As I know that he has a close relationship with Access)
Old 07.02.2009, 12:34 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Hey Timo,

It was definitely deleted as I made sure that it was visible after I posted. It was 1-3 posts after Joey's ( 02.02.2009, 05:21 PM)

Hmmm...
Hi, I think you're referring to your own post, but on a different thread: http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...703#post286703

Infekted is an unofficial virus forum - completely separate from Access and their employees. They have no influence on, or over, what we do. We really do not delete posts unless they are abusive.

Quote:
Timo, do you want more new features or for Access to fix the most blindingly problematic issues?
The TI is undoubtedly Access' most popular synth. If there are bugs that are reproduceable and they can fix it I'm sure they will try to do so if they can. A lot of people invested in the TIs.

Your concern is a very valid one.

To move forward and be constructive I can only suggest you continue to contact Access (Steve sounds very amicable, too!), or post up material here on Infekted (http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30505) so that others may solidly reproduce and confirm the bugs for Access to attempt to fix.
Old 07.02.2009, 12:55 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Hi, I think you're referring to your own post, but on a different thread: http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...703#post286703

Infekted is an unofficial virus forum - completely separate from Access and their employees. They have no influence on, or over, what we do. We really do not delete posts unless they are abusive.

The TI is undoubtedly Access' most popular synth. If there are bugs that are reproduceable and they can fix it I'm sure they will try to do so if they can. A lot of people invested in the TIs.

Your concern is a very valid one.

To move forward and be constructive I can only suggest you continue to contact Access (Steve sounds very amicable, too!), or post up material here on Infekted (http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30505) so that others may solidly reproduce and confirm the bugs for Access to attempt to fix.
Fair enuf... will try to do! RE: the first bit - my memory is failing me I have now responded to Marc in the thread that I originally posted in about this issue. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Sorry mate, I wasn't inferring anything untoward.

Last edited by emdebee : 07.02.2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07.02.2009, 01:40 PM
New here

Seeing the preprogramed arps would be nice.
Old 07.02.2009, 09:43 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
we just had the hottest day ever on record in Melbourne (Australia) today - 46.4 Celsius Arghhh... and they say that global warming is a myth?
Please keep your brainwashing to yourself or put it in the off topic area. Completely irrelevant and wrong statement.