Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.05.2015, 04:02 AM
New here
New here

Default Stuck button switches, cleaning tips

Thought I would share my experience here as I couldn't find a thread specifically on this topic. I bought a TI2 desktop and 2 of the button switches were stuck and would not depress (ie no "click"). The unit was otherwise clean so I figured they might be faulty and require replacement. Opened her up and found something like a sticky grease residue underneath the buttons with a dollop also on the PCB. Flipped the caps off the buttons to reveal the switches and then sprayed some isopropyl on each, let it settle and then patted dry. After a few attempts the switches began to work again. Cleaned the inside of the button caps with the same alcohol and replaced them and stitched her up. The buttons work now, though a little stickiness in their 'feel' remains. I wasn't sure whether isopropyl and pcb's were compatible, so that was a roll of the dice. Anything else seemed inappropriate to use so close to chips and other critical parts. Has anyone else used this method to clean the button switches? Is there a better way?

Cheers