Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.01.2010, 08:46 PM
New here
New here

Default Sending CC data to the Virus TI

Ok I'm sure there is an answer to this on the forum already (I already did a hefty amount of searching and browsing), if one of you kind souls could point me to the thread that would be incredible... but if not.....

I want to know how I can send MIDI CC values (like filter1 cutoff or lfo rate) from Ableton Live ----> Midi Controller --> Virus TI. I don't want to use the Virus TI VST plugin for reasons that aren't very relevant. Can I somehow make a graph or something in Albeton that will then send that value through my MIDI controller to the Virus? I can send midi note values no problem, but I can't figure out how to automate Filter or LFO speed/value changes. I found a list of all the values on the Virus and their corresponding CC values, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to send or automate this kind of data.

Thanks for the help, sorry I'm such a noob I'm sure I'm getting half of this wrong. I'm not even sure if Midi CC data is the right terminology.
Old 14.01.2010, 10:33 PM
New here
New here

OK SO I GOT THIS FIGURED OUT! Thanks to the kind people over at the Ableton Live forum..... should have known to ask them first since it's a Live specific question.

If anyone runs into this thread, this is how you do it.
  1. Open a midi track
  2. Play some notes
  3. Push the little "E" in the clip section at the bottom left
  4. You know have a box that says "midi ctrl" with a bunch of numbers below.
  5. Each number is a different value on the virus, you can make graphs in Live and the Virus will interpret the data as knob turns!!
For a list of all the CC values, see this page
http://amoebafunk.com/dload/VirusTI_MIDI.pdf

Now my next question is how to record the knob action straight off the TI into Live. When I do it with a MIDI in cable I get this weird feedback loop. I'll post more if I figger it out!