Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.08.2007, 04:49 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Question New Virus Ti User, few Questions...

Hi everyone. I just got the Virus Ti last week and had a few questions.

I have the Virus Ti hooked up only by the USB cable. It is triggered via an old Oberheim Matrix 6 keyboard running into an MAudio 2496 soundcard connected by midi cables. Is this the best way to have things hooked up?

Secondly, I loaded the Cubase tutorial song that comes with the Virus Ti. Everything was playing but I noticed the Kick sound sounded all messed up. As a test, I took headphones and plugged directly into the Virus Ti and the Cubase demo song sounded fine, the kick sounding as it should. Any ideas as to why this is happening? My latency on the MAudio card is 6ms and my buffer size is set to 512.

Finally, I see that you can use the Virus Ti as your soundcard by selecting its ASIO driver. However its latency is very high. Is there any advantage to using the actual Virus Ti as your soundcard?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!