Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.01.2006, 01:03 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
Yeah the timing, even in midi is below average. I have no problems with any of my other synths(jp8080, fr777, alpha juno2, novation ks4).

Might be related to my EMU1820m combo with the Virus...Seems like the Virus has a hard time with the EMU products(correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm using Cubase SX3.1.1
please explain. are you using USB MIDI or MIDI (with an MIDI interface)? how can i reproduce you "below average" timing? owning a JP8080 myself i couldn't say that i would prefer the timing of it against the TI at all.

best, marc
as a CEO, you gotta say that
oh sorry marc, I confused the things a tiny bit, christoph kemper is the CEO
Old 09.01.2006, 01:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
This is a screenshot of where the problems usualy happen(as you can see, I'm leaving one empty bar at the beginning):

This is the cubase project file:
http://www.madstation.net/cubase/cubase_test.cpr

Let me know if you guys can reproduce.

Thanks
Serge
Mad: this seems to be a bad area for Cubase/TI, try moving your whole project forward 8 bars. Avoid bars 1 to 9 when ever working in Cubase/Virus. The same sort of external midi clock errors occur with virus b even.
Old 10.01.2006, 09:11 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to DMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Well, to be honest it takes about 10-15 seconds, so I wouldn't describe it as a *massive* pain in the ass. I don't know why this isn't necessary in other hosts, though - it doesn't seem to be necessary in Logic 5.5.1, or Audiomulch for instance..
There are quite alot of people reporting this issue on the Cubase forum, here?s one of the threads. Sadly there hasn?t been any response from Steinberg on the issue for a long while
Old 20.01.2006, 07:36 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill
I am considering trading it in for Nord.
Don't even go there.......
Why not ? At least Nord2 and Nord3 have a rock solid timing !

NUENDO 3.2
Old 20.01.2006, 08:10 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
This is a screenshot of where the problems usualy happen(as you can see, I'm leaving one empty bar at the beginning):

This is the cubase project file:
http://www.madstation.net/cubase/cubase_test.cpr

Let me know if you guys can reproduce.

Thanks
Serge
I have the same problem with my Virus C. I just start from bar 5 or 9 and that solves it. Must be a problem in Cubase

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 20.01.2006, 03:46 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

has anyone bothered yet to compare the midi event stream output of say.. logic and cubase on the playback of the same midi stream?

shouldnt be too hard to make a full event dump with timestamps with something like midi-ox and a few loopback drivers

my guess is that the timecode is already buffered some sec in advance and not properly removed when you jump back to trackstart... (which COULD be partially caused by a mididriver that plays it too safe.. buffering further ahead = better chance of actually scheduling the even on time)
Old 21.01.2006, 05:41 AM
Amateur
Amateur

I have been suffering with Arp timing problems with cubase sx3 since I got the TI the month it was released. I have contacted Access support who suggested some tweaks to my PCI latency. Tried them all with no avail! Problem still remains. I'm sure its got nothing to do with PCI latency, in this case as there is no pops or clicks or anything other than the Arps out of time on mixdown. I have tried just about everything to fix this problem on my own setup.

MADSTATION
Do me a favor and try this see if it helps any. Start you arrangement in cubase from bar 33. Let us know if it makes any difference?
8O