Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 22.06.2005, 02:21 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Drum samples

I really need good set of drum samples for electronic productions. At the moment I generally have no useful samples.

I'm considering buying NI Battery 2, but I'm afraid that it just contains heaps of pre-efected and reverbed stereomessy psychedelic unuseable drums sounds like NI Synthetic Drums addon. The demos on the NI sites seemed to show that the electronic sets are like that.

I remember someone here mentioned owning Battery 2. Could you write a short review and/or maybe even make some demo mp3's?

Is there any other good source for electronic drum samples?
Old 22.06.2005, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

I'd love to have more drumssamples aswell. Not only electronicdrums

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 22.06.2005, 08:29 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Same here , i'm currently making / tweaking my own drum samples but it doesn't seem to work very well.
Greetz...
Old 22.06.2005, 08:31 PM

Looking for 909, 808, or just any electronic drums? What sound? I may have some I could throw your way.

Old 22.06.2005, 09:08 PM

The best 808 samples are available here >> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=019G27BY

Download them now before they go forever

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 23.06.2005, 12:55 AM
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.soniccharge.com/

Battery is a good sample player but the dvd full of sounds is a little thin on Electro. You want to create, use the above link to find the ultimate vsti drum synth. Once you get the hang of making your own sounds it rocks (included sounds are a bit naf).

here is the intro form the home page....

"
Sonic Charge ?Tonic is a VST plug-in for Windows and Mac featuring a unique drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine.

You can use the ?Tonic as a sound module to play drum sounds from your MIDI keyboard or sequencer, or you can use the built-in pattern engine to play drum patterns in sync with your sequencer (provided your sequencer supports synchronization of plug-ins). The sound of the ?Tonic is 100% synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.

Sonic Charge ?Tonic was created by Magnus Lidstr?m. Magnus is best known for his work with Propellerhead Software. In particular, he was the brain behind the highly acclaimed Malstr?m synthesizer introduced in Reason 2.0. (Magnus is also responsible for Typhoon, the alternative OS for the Yamaha TX16W.)

"
Old 23.06.2005, 01:41 AM
Pro
Pro

Hey Juho, I have battery 2. Lot of nice samples in there, like you said lot of the electronic drum samples are sampled with some effects on it. You will get some nice orchestral, acoustic, jazz, afro-cuban(Congo,bongo), lot of XOX sounds as well. You could tune samples, reverse it, loop, modulate it with filters, Lfo, pitch env, compressors, velocity env(ahdsr), volume env. You could adust the saturation, bit rate. Like I said, it has lot of useful samples.

Check the sample mp3 at their site; http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ftu=bec1bdc2f4
Old 23.06.2005, 08:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

yes battery is rather decent.
Old 23.06.2005, 11:35 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Linplug's RMIV. Period. Walks all over Battery. Super intuitive, fast, and the sonic capabilities are excellent. It plays samples and does the best drum synthesis I've heard outside Machinedrum. The included library is very capable, even the acoustic kits sound nice, considering their size.

Microtonic sounds good, but for me RMIV sounds just as good and is so much easier to use.
Old 23.06.2005, 12:39 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I use either Stylus RMX for all my drum sounds or my MachineDrum!

If Softsynths are what you require I would say that it you should at least TRY Stylus RMX!

You won't be disappointed - much improved on the classic version!

Drammy