Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.01.2006, 06:32 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling
Default considering a t1 desktop, any feedback from current users???

Thank you for reading my post.

After many years of using REASON (virus powercore recently), and prior to that, sampled tone modules ala emu extreme lead, mc505, jv1080.....I have finnaly seen the light and about to purchase my first real analog modeling synth.....

Can any T1 users share any feedback if the new models are "sound wise" that much superior to the older models.....I already use an 828, so I have ins/outs covered.

I like the idea of the t1 being able to be a sample accurate hardware/software controller. I understand the "spec" differences between the new/old models, but from an "artists/musician's" point of view, would a virus classic be just as feesable.......

Any classic/powercore users with feedback?

Thank you
Old 24.01.2006, 07:27 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: considering a t1 desktop, any feedback from current user

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
Thank you for reading my post.

After many years of using REASON (virus powercore recently), and prior to that, sampled tone modules ala emu extreme lead, mc505, jv1080.....I have finnaly seen the light and about to purchase my first real analog modeling synth.....

Can any T1 users share any feedback if the new models are "sound wise" that much superior to the older models.....I already use an 828, so I have ins/outs covered.

I like the idea of the t1 being able to be a sample accurate hardware/software controller. I understand the "spec" differences between the new/old models, but from an "artists/musician's" point of view, would a virus classic be just as feesable.......

Any classic/powercore users with feedback?

Thank you
We are Running the Ti (through the USB only) with the Motu 828 MK2 and Logic 5.5.1 and its running fine...Many parts of our latest track "Drift away" are done with the Ti also the track before that "The sun goes down" you can hear them on our site....it's far better than the C.
Don't know much about the powercore Virus though,but we do have a powercore...Was going to buy the Powercore Virus but then found out about the Virus Control through USB and there was no question about it
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 24.01.2006, 07:33 PM
Pro
Pro

I used to have a Virus C desktop and now have a Ti desktop.

Of course I'd recommend the Ti over the C as it sounds a bit more ballsy. The main benefit I have found is how (ahem) accessible all the functions are on the Ti. Work flow is made much easier with the Ti layout and OS and this counts for a hell of a lot.

I suppose it comes down to how much cash you have (doesn't it always?). The Virus C would still be an excellent choice if you can't stretch to a Ti.

If you have cash left over, I can't recommend the Waldorf XT highly enough (provided you're into making electronic tunes). They go for about ?350 - ?400 now and are well worth it in my opinion.
Old 25.01.2006, 02:28 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Re: considering a t1 desktop, any feedback from current user

[/quote]
We are Running the Ti (through the USB only) with the Motu 828 MK2 and Logic 5.5.1 and its running fine...Many parts of our latest track "Drift away" are done with the Ti also the track before that "The sun goes down" you can hear them on our site....it's far better than the C.
Don't know much about the powercore Virus though,but we do have a powercore...Was going to buy the Powercore Virus but then found out about the Virus Control through USB and there was no question about it [/quote]......

Thankls for your feedback. My inner gear whore wants to buy the t1.
Old 25.01.2006, 02:33 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
I used to have a Virus C desktop and now have a Ti desktop.

Of course I'd recommend the Ti over the C as it sounds a bit more ballsy. The main benefit I have found is how (ahem) accessible all the functions are on the Ti. Work flow is made much easier with the Ti layout and OS and this counts for a hell of a lot.

I suppose it comes down to how much cash you have (doesn't it always?). The Virus C would still be an excellent choice if you can't stretch to a Ti.

If you have cash left over, I can't recommend the Waldorf XT highly enough (provided you're into making electronic tunes). They go for about ?350 - ?400 now and are well worth it in my opinion.
Would you choose the waldorf over a nord lead 2? I am an electronic producer, half psy trance, half trip hop.
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004
The OS of the t1 really has me juiced. I may have to starve jr for a month or so, until I can make it happen.
Old 25.01.2006, 01:51 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to nailgun23
Default inner gear whore

My inner gear whore made me buy the polarTI. Waited a year to get it and have been eating beans and rice ever since. It sounds great if they they can fix the timing issues it's perfect. The Virus control puts it over the top. The combo of Hardware/Software really solves a lot of problems.

Cheers, Nailgun

PS checked out "drift away" from the girl next door.... sounds great. did you have any sync issues with the TI in production?
Old 25.01.2006, 03:42 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Re: inner gear whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailgun23
My inner gear whore made me buy the polarTI. Waited a year to get it and have been eating beans and rice ever since. It sounds great if they they can fix the timing issues it's perfect. The Virus control puts it over the top. The combo of Hardware/Software really solves a lot of problems.

Cheers, Nailgun

PS checked out "drift away" from the girl next door.... sounds great. did you have any sync issues with the TI in production?
Nice see to there are some electronic producers out in athens.......REM all but washed up finnaly
Old 25.01.2006, 05:08 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to nailgun23
Default Sad but true ...

not much electronica here mostly inde rock crap. yawn. There are so few of us that there may be room to get something going. I've lived here all my life and know the town/club sceen well. I ran servers for the boys. And yes, it's all but over for them. I was never much the fan, just someone they knew wounldn't take kleenex from the trash to sell on Ebay and could keep the macs up and spinning.

Cheers, Nailgun
Old 25.01.2006, 05:57 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Re: Sad but true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailgun23
not much electronica here mostly inde rock crap. yawn. There are so few of us that there may be room to get something going. I've lived here all my life and know the town/club sceen well. I ran servers for the boys. And yes, it's all but over for them. I was never much the fan, just someone they knew wounldn't take kleenex from the trash to sell on Ebay and could keep the macs up and spinning.

Cheers, Nailgun
I have visited athens a few times.......A nice town. The indie crap seems to infest many small towns......I was never a fan either, but I do respect a successful business venture, and they did succeed.....