Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 20.10.2004, 09:50 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor
Default Hello you lucky people!

Hi everyone, my names Andy,I come from the UK. i have been an alledged musician for some years now, and 3 years ago i bought an Virus A, i got rid of it to fund another great synth, the Kawai K5000s, and rued the dayi got rid. Well time has past and i came across another one last week and it was going for ?275, the fact i dont see many on the SOS website is good testament on how great this synth is and i had to get the credit card out and get even further into debt for it. Its brilliant I love it, i cant afford the C, version or I would love to have the Indigo 2, but for now with this im happy. Looking forward to understanding it in greater detail, as one of my reasons for selling it last time was not having the Addendum notes for the upgrade, and not knowing how to keep my multitimbral setups. Proved a pain. But hopefully i want to delve into this machine more, as it is for me pound for pound, on the second hand market , one of the best VA's out there Ive had everything but the Waldorf Q, and i must say the Germans certainly make some awesome gear, i love my waldorf MW2 too.

gear list:

Access Virus A
Kawai Pop synth module, (dont laugh)
Akai S2000
Yamaha SY85
Korg Trinity
MFB Synth
Korg M1R
Korg 01R/W
Novation K Station Rack
Yamaha AN 200
Korg Wavestation SR
Alesis Quadrasynth, 6.1

And some panpipes

Vintage SG replica and Cort G250

i make all sorts of music, from progressive rock to dub reggae, jazz, world fusion, and at the moment very ambient based darkly gothic type rock. i can do trance, but As im so bloody useless at real time controllers and have a short attention span, i get lost to quick and give up. So i leave it alone. I made a name for myself using only the Korg trinity for everything, and bought a whole load of other stuff, but getting to learn it , and getting the right sounds is so laborious, somedays my ideas get squashed as i end up scrolling through menus just trying tio find the right sound. Considering i had double this amount last year its getting easier to control now. Really have to apply myself to learning how i can use all this equipment to its potential. As I have some awesomely inspiring kit. the biggest surprise pound for pound is the AN200. If only everything had easy access knobs on. I also had an OB12, the blue one, it was a great control surface with cheap soundchips in, should have been the Virus C chips in it, would have made it awesome. (i liked the blue colour you see)

See ya around guys
Emp
Old 21.10.2004, 01:42 AM
This forum member lives here

Welcome!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 21.10.2004, 03:58 AM

~Welcome to Planet Virus~

Nice to have another person here not producing trance! There are too many hehehe and we need to restore the balance.

See ya around

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 21.10.2004, 10:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor

Hi jase and hollowcell

yes you right i dont know many who dont use the Virus for some dance projects, i do like the old berlin school thing as well, i want to fuse that with some Ambient textures. And odd types of percussion. But i have made trance before .

speaks later

Andy
Old 21.10.2004, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Nice to have another person here not producing trance! There are too many :) hehehe and we need to restore the balance.
Indeed! Nice to have some more real talent around here as a counterbalance for the trance people. G?yh?-g?yh?-g?yh?. Just kidding... or am I?

Welcome to the forum. I'd like to hear some of your music.