Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.10.2005, 09:07 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus Control plugin problem with Logic 7.1.1

Hi folks,

the pain in the ass is driving me to post this shit here, but somehow i'm to dull to get the 'ti' working with the virus that has arrived today. i'm working with logic 7.1.1 as host, and its giving me a headache. here's the trouble:

1. in my standard environment, when i insert the plugin in an instrument channel, theres simply no sound occuring whatsoever when triggered via matrix editor. i tried both usb and analogue outputs, no success. funny, when i edit trough the virus control, all parameters changes are followed by the hardware, but simply without giving any audible results.

2. when i try it with a factory supplied environment, it gives me sound. fair enough, but first of all its clicking and crackling like a schellack disk from the 20s, independent of the current preset of course. and second this only works when outputs are routed to usb, analogue outs doesn't function.

ok, we all know that logic environments can die, so it has to be rebuilt completely, no prob. but how can the sound be shreddered in case #2? btw, the same thing happened to my powercore virus before, all dials work, no sound appears.

any help appreciated! cheers, radio_8
Old 22.10.2005, 05:22 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to obliterations

Quote:
1. in my standard environment, when i insert the plugin in an instrument channel, theres simply no sound occuring whatsoever when triggered via matrix editor. i tried both usb and analogue outputs, no success.
All right. I had that problem a few times. Simply no sound. I use logic 7 on a g5 dual 2 ghz machine. I pugged everything in and had NO SOUND. So I enabled the demo on the virus and that kicked it back into working mode. Once the demo runs, you should get sound.

Remember to let the plug in load completely before trying to trigger the Virus. I think hitting keys before it done loading the patches when you first start it up my cause the problem? I dont know. It happend the first few times.

I had too many sync problems with the usb. So Im just sticking to good old midi for now..

And Access if your reading this MAKE A VST STAND-ALONE THAT WILL CONTROL THE VIRUS VIA USB, AND NOT HAVE TO USE THE USB FOR THE MIDI PART. that would make my life so much better!

Thank you.
:P
Logic 7.1.1