Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.10.2018, 05:10 PM
New here
New here

Default Battery change time, aargh !

My 16 year old virus c memory battery slowly fading to grey...now do I really have to do a total dump of banks A and B ..or if I don't may it just lose just the data what's in the banks and not the actual banks themselves...eg when I turn back on after installing new battery will banks A and B still be there but just empty..?..
See.. not bothered if I lose the patch's as wanting a clean slate anyway, but don't want to eradicate slots to place future patch's in...
Ok simple request of advice and yes ..sometimes I think too hard...!!!
Old 24.10.2018, 08:09 PM
New here
New here

Default Battery change time, Aargh

Changed battery, all banks A and B , still there..however illegal ram message still showing but followed a pathway which advised save an init patch to A1, then turn off..Worked for me in this instance.
Old 24.10.2018, 09:29 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-fekted View Post
Changed battery, all banks A and B , still there..
Surprised at that, actually! I thought A+B would be wiped as they are RAM banks. Maybe the circuit has a certain amount of capacitance.

All the other banks are Flash memory, so would've been ok.

Glad you got it fixed.
Old 25.10.2018, 02:35 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for reply Timo..yeah pleasantly surprised and a tad relieved it was a successful battery change..had seen that in the manual about banks A and B being wiped...I will have to get my head around the dump protocols one of these days..I hear it can be done through midi ox..? Tend to shy away from bringing computers into it though as I suffer eternal issues with transfers, installs etc..
I have been looking around for a new synth, 16 years is a long time since I got my vc new..but everytime I hear one of the newer breed I think I bet that I could replicate many of the patchs on my virus c..! (and many aren't even multi timbral).
So here's to the next 16 years
Old 29.11.2020, 05:37 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-fekted View Post
Changed battery, all banks A and B , still there..however illegal ram message still showing but followed a pathway which advised save an init patch to A1, then turn off..Worked for me in this instance.
interesting! I passed on buying one of these today as I saw that message... we tried replacing the battery too, but still get that same message on boot up. I didn't try saving anything afterwards though... and it didn't show a message about saving a patch though.