Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 05.08.2004, 05:03 PM
New here
New here

Default New to the forum

Hello everyone. I've only been making music for a couple of years, but I've been deeply infatuated with it ever since I was a very small child. I'm just here to learn what I can from all of you. I think internet based communities are a great resource for people. I own a virus kc and a korg triton extreme. I got the virus because it's the va synth that almost everyone recommends, and I need to learn about synthesis, and I got the triton for all of those amazing out-of-box sounds. I didn't even realize that there's a lot of customization and programming that you can do with the triton as well, but that's off topic. My musical interests span all the genres, but my favorite music is dark, mysterious, and artsy. Before I stop talking I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm starting an internet based record label (like cdbaby.com) and community at audality.com. It's not going to be open for a long time, there's a lot of backend coding that needs to go into the entire thing. The basic concept is that you pay 20$ a month, you get to post all your albums and songs online, and you retain 100% of the profits from your sales. The recording industry at large depends too much on money, and if we give the money to the artists instead of the companies and sell music at completely reasonable prices, I believe we can rip the entire industry right out from under their feet. The fee is actually more like a donation. After a while, we're going to have tons of forums, IRC, tab databases, music reviews, information and tutorials, and if we can raise enough money we'll begin selling real CD's, sponsoring artists, advertising, selling wholesale priced music equipment, all that good stuff. I'm basically trying to build an empire. Anyway, enough of that. The background music on the audality.com page right now is something I whipped up quickly, just to give you guys an idea of the kind of music I make. I'm mostly trying to learn about everything right now, so I haven't made any full tracks other than little snippets here and there. I hope I can make some good friends here. Thanks guys.
Old 05.08.2004, 05:32 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: New to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalid
Hello everyone.
Hello!

Quote:
I own a virus kc and a korg triton extreme.
Could you possibly post some clips from that Triton? I've found the manufacturer clips quite misleading and poor and I'm really interested in how Triton Extreme compares to Motif ES and Fantom X.

Quote:
My musical interests span all the genres, but my favorite music is dark, mysterious, and artsy.
Great! I was afraid that we have another trance producer here. With this pace we decent folk overpower trance people in no time. Hoho.

Quote:
Before I stop talking I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm starting an internet based record label (like cdbaby.com) and community at audality.com. It's not going to be open for a long time, there's a lot of backend coding that needs to go into the entire thing. The basic concept is that you pay 20$ a month, you get to post all your albums and songs online, and you retain 100% of the profits from your sales. The recording industry at large depends too much on money, and if we give the money to the artists instead of the companies and sell music at completely reasonable prices, I believe we can rip the entire industry right out from under their feet. The fee is actually more like a donation. After a while, we're going to have tons of forums, IRC, tab databases, music reviews, information and tutorials, and if we can raise enough money we'll begin selling real CD's, sponsoring artists, advertising, selling wholesale priced music equipment, all that good stuff. I'm basically trying to build an empire. Anyway, enough of that.
Good luck for your project. Could be a hard task if I may say, but the idea is very good. Hope it starts well.

Quote:
The background music on the audality.com page right now is something I whipped up quickly, just to give you guys an idea of the kind of music I make. I'm mostly trying to learn about everything right now, so I haven't made any full tracks other than little snippets here and there.
I'll check out your music later.

Quote:
I hope I can make some good friends here. Thanks guys.
I think you'll fit here just fine.
Old 05.08.2004, 08:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

hey man welcome to the forum.
btw,you forgot to mention your name... how would you like us to address you?

enjoy your stay,Tomer.
Old 05.08.2004, 10:48 PM
New here
New here

Just call me invalid, I like to stay anonymous online. =) What kind of sounds do you want to hear Juho? This thing has TOO many.
Old 06.08.2004, 12:04 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Yeh, that does sound like an interesting idea. I'm with Juho - Hope it starts off well.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 06.08.2004, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I'm with Juho
Yes. We are married.
Old 06.08.2004, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

And i am their child of love!

Now mama.. feed me

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 06.08.2004, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
And i am their child of love!
How the hell did you got out from the cellar!

Note: It's 3:30 AM in here and 2:30 AM in 3o3's so try to understand.
Old 06.08.2004, 12:28 AM

Juho, I thought I told you to lock that door.

How did the little freak get out?

Did I say before. Welcome to the forum.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 06.08.2004, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

It is? i haven't seen the sun in ages, always locked up min my cellar..

help me!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/