Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.12.2017, 05:17 AM
New here
New here

Default Mistake on Manual Os4 or in the Howard Scarr

Maybe you can help me. In the Os4 Manual of Access Virus B says that the parameter Trighphase has a range of 360 degrees. And on the Howard Scarr 180 degrees¿?

Who is wrong? Also I found a mistake more on the Howard Scarr Spanish version on the negative modulation of the Countour parameter of a Sine wave. Says "no utilizada" what means like "non use" in English. I'm Spanish from South America, most precisely Uruguay. And in reality that wave morph to a triangular on a negative amount.

It's hard for me since I'm studying both books and I don't know with how of these two says the true about the degrees. So when I'm studying something I want to be the more precisely I can. For this I already messaged Access Music so I will wait for they answer. Maybe some of you of this forum could help me with this.

Also I want to agree that Tino has the better explications that I found on all internet very clear.

Thanks and a New year from here.

With best regards.
Emanuelle.
Old 27.12.2017, 11:34 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I can only answer from my experience with the Virus TI, but...

If you are talking about trigger phase of the LFOs, then I'd say you can select the full 360 degrees.

And the contour for LFO for a Sine morphs between tri, sine and square.
Old 28.12.2017, 01:04 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli@bass View Post
I can only answer from my experience with the Virus TI, but...

If you are talking about trigger phase of the LFOs, then I'd say you can select the full 360 degrees.

And the contour for LFO for a Sine morphs between tri, sine and square.
Yes sure bro the same I have read from the Manual of the Access Virus B of the last SO but in the Howard scarr says that the PhaseInit has a range of 360 degrees and the lfo a 180 degrees range. So rare I received this answer from Access Music

"I would strongly advice to go with what is written in the OS4 manual. Also I would simply advice you to try things with the Virus and listen to what is happening."

But anyways in the Howard Scarr are a lot of useful exercises, etc etc etc.

I dont know really. It's not really important to know the really degrees but Is confusing because If I want to know the full degrees I cant hehe hope making some patch and trying get some.
Old 28.12.2017, 11:20 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I just tried it with the Init patch, setting LFO 1 -> Pitch OSC 1(100%) and changing the Trigger Phase clearly shows that at value 1 the LFO starts at the bottom of the wave, 64 is at the top of the wave and 127 is again at the bottom.

One full round. 360 degrees.
Old 30.12.2017, 12:48 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli@bass View Post
I just tried it with the Init patch, setting LFO 1 -> Pitch OSC 1(100%) and changing the Trigger Phase clearly shows that at value 1 the LFO starts at the bottom of the wave, 64 is at the top of the wave and 127 is again at the bottom.

One full round. 360 degrees.
Yes. Happened the same for me. Also I think that in the experiment that does Howard Scarr in his Programming Analogue Synths. He put the keyfollow value on the Oscillator 1 to 0. Also made some adjustments on pitch on the OSC1 or 2 and put FM to osc2 and put osc2 to hear and in her experiment in base of this he tell's that the range of the LFO is of 180 degrees. He maybe made that experiment I thought that maybe you can modify some parameters and get distinct degrees in base of pitch modification equal the speed of the wave and whatever I don't know it's my thought about this. He's a sound engineer maybe he made something like a "trap" or some kind of exercise that in her result give 180 degrees. I'm not a sound engineer I'm only like throwing words. Access support told me in the last Ticket I made that effectively the range of degrees of the LFO is 360 degrees. I'm not the kind of person that uses numeric values for putting thing's mathematically on synthesizer only I made this when I play piano or compose something to throw it through the synthesizer. I prefer to move pot's and see what sound is coming up. Obviously knowing what each knob does and keeping the magic of the sound on. Also I study or read or whatever you want to call it the Os4 Manual of the Access Virus the last one. It's really good really it's well explained. I found it very very very useful. Without seeing that after the page number 100 they like repeat all the parameters again not all but mostly and other that no repeats parameters yes what he does is explaining better the function of each one of the Access Virus B. The thing that I didn't study on deep is the "technical" function of the FM also of the saturation curves too. But since I'm studying since a month likely I'm very bored to studying like technical the saturation curves and fm's. Also In a near future I will study it. Is hard when you got little time at day. Hehe the only thing I canno't understand well is the INPUT FOLLOWER or ENVELOPE FOLLOWER and RINGMODULATOR of a input signal. What are things I don't use really but I find it useful anyways. I go for more for the basic's. Maybe you can throw me a hand of the Envelope Follower. As I read it catch like a input signal to modulate the Envelope Filter with this signal and the ringmod who made a ringmod of both signals the input and the part. This two things I studied today. hehe maybe you can help me with this. Thank you and regards from Uruguay.