Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 29.02.2004, 03:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to nrgy
Default stereo input in cubase(audiophile 2496)

hey, just wondering. When I add effects(software) to the 'stereo in" that shows in the cubase mixer, why can't I hear the effects?
I can see at the VU meter, that the effects is "in action", but I can't hear it one my monitors. Did I connect something wrong, or is it just not possible to hear it?

thanks in advance!
Old 29.02.2004, 03:35 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

What do you mean with that the "effects show". Isn't it just the audio in you see on the meter? I don't think its possible to see the effects but not to hear them... Which cubase do you use, and have you followed the manual in setting up effects?
Since there are a lot of ways to set up your setup with ins and outs, effects, groups and so on, it's almost impossible to tell what's wrong. Try describing what you've done in a little more detail and maybe someone can help...
Old 29.02.2004, 03:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to nrgy

I mean when I say "the effects show", is when I put an delay effect on the stereo input, and play on my keyboard of my hardware synth, and watch the stereo input meter, I can see that the delay is there, but I can't hear it.
Old 01.03.2004, 06:48 AM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

u need to enable the "direct monitoring" on your track, that little speaker icon (in SX and SX2, idon't know about VST32).